Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN boards

dubbsco said:
Ercole, how many times did those posts from other schools involve garbage?? Yeah, that's a nice feature, but at the end of the day, we talked with each other 99 percent of the time. It was RARE that another school's poster came over and wanted to have a meaningful discussion.

Yeah, that is all true, but when the season is underway, the days leading up to a game usually had a few good fans/alums coming over and giving their two cents. Not to mention, in a weird way I also liked those overly passionate idiots (not necessarily trolls) that would make their predictions only to see the opposite happen on game day. It was entertaining to go back after the game and read those threads for a few laughs.........again, its a trade off and the pros are far out weighing the cons. In a nut shell, you have common sense being applied to how this board is being run, and with Disneyland there was nothing common about common sense.

Yeah. We had some people that only posted during the season. By the time they get there, they'll have no idea why the UM board is dead. Then there were some that only posted on that one dude's prediction threads. In fact, that guy isn't here...yet...mgeezer or something i think, or aged Wolverine.

There were some that even only posted on game threads. I guess if this site gets enough traffic, it might rise up on the list of things that pop up when you google, "michigan message boards"

I shot the link to mgeezer, realm and a few others that only post during the season.

And with the chat feature on game days, will we need gameday threads?

So I just went over there - they changed the dates when the old boards are eliminated to Sep 1st. Lol, I'm guessing it's because they realize that no one will use them.

UM board had (2) posts in 24 hours on the "Robust" forum. Yesterday
Main NCAA football had (1) post in 24 hours, yesterday on Robust forum.

Those new boards are a huge hit. LOL... Ro-BUST!!!

Jever4321 said:

They have to realize how big of a failure they are. On a major site like ESPN to have that little traffic on a brand new site - someone needed to be fired for that product.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
Jever4321 said:

They have to realize how big of a failure they are. On a major site like ESPN to have that little traffic on a brand new site - someone needed to be fired for that product.
I agree.

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]actually, checking the new boards these are the post counts

tigers 589
lions 345
wolverines 382
pistons 12
red wings 50

.....yikes.
lol maybe the other 2 will heat up once the seasons start.

Pretty small numbers right now over at ESPN.. WOW someone may be in trouble...

I hear monster is currently working on a store next, called monster mart. Taking down walmart too!

That's actually a pretty darn good name for one of those huge box stores. Monster-Mart, I like it.

It's tremendous.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I hear monster is currently working on a store next, called monster mart. Taking down walmart too!

Lol

Back