Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN is BS!!!!!!

distantdetroiter

Tigers clinch Division for the first time since 1987 and they don't have shit about them anywhere on their MLB page!!!

Pathetic!!

baseball tonight cut in for the last out.... But most of the time they suck....Yep...

What about on Tuesday when the Tigers were the main story on the ESPN home page?

mjsb2 said:
What about on Tuesday when the Tigers were the main story on the ESPN home page?

I think his point is that it is a bit odd that over an hour after it happened there isn't even a link nor a mention about the Tigers clinching on the ESPN MLB page..... The Stark article was nice but come on man, it is a bit weird that there is nothing on there.

I hope the Tigers role through the Red Sox and Yankees

jdeb said:
I hope the Tigers role through the Red Sox and Yankees

It would be like when the Pistons rolled the Lakers in 04...they won't know what to do with that. The story would probably still be how the Red Sox or Yankees didn't get it done. It would be one of those "give the Tigers credit BUT" type of stories.

It's the top headline on the main and MLB pages now. Cut 'em a break, it was a late finish. I went to sleep around the 4th inning.

Yeah I guess better late then never... But I do hate the Yankee and red sox bias but lets face it most people on the east coast are in love with those two franchises as they do the two football teams in NY and New England..

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yeah I guess better late then never... But I do hate the Yankee and red sox bias but lets face it most people on the east coast are in love with those two franchises as they do the two football teams in NY and New England..
I'd bet they don't have their A-team working the night shift at ESPN. Not sure when the game got over with last night since I went to bed midway through it, but I'm guessing it was in the 1AM EST time range if not later.

I'm by no means defending ESPN since I've got the same gripes or more with them, but getting mad that the article wasn't immediately written and posted between 2AM and 7AM on a Saturday morning seems a little ridiculous.

kingofdetroit57 said:
It's the top headline on the main and MLB pages now. Cut 'em a break, it was a late finish. I went to sleep around the 4th inning.

Yes, because all of ESPN was also asleep by the fourth inning.

I liked what MLBN did. They talked about the game, the history, cut in for interviews etc for some time.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]Yeah I guess better late then never... But I do hate the Yankee and red sox bias but lets face it most people on the east coast are in love with those two franchises as they do the two football teams in NY and New England..

ESPN. But the east that lve the Yankees and Boston are people in NY and Boston and surrounding area. They are big market which is why they get the attention and ESPN loves 'dem big markets.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
kingofdetroit57 said:

I liked what MLBN did. They talked about the game, the history, cut in for interviews etc for some time.

MLBN is one of the best channels on TV

They talk about all teams that's why they are so good. And they cut in on games, live, all the time. Not just for a pitch or even just one batter. Someones you get to watch 2-3-4 batters.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
kingofdetroit57 said:

They couldn't give an account of the game and declare us ALCD champs in the 4th either, could they smart ass?

All I was getting at was that it was a 10:05PM EST start, so it probably ended around 2:00AM EST or so, right? If you figure they had to write the story recapping the game and get it posted, you're probably looking at another hour or so there on a normal work day, let alone a very early Saturday morning.

While it was a big story for Tigers fans, it something that happens every year in every division, so it isn't exactly Earth shattering news. They got the story up as the top headline fairly early this morning. I don't think we were slighted.

kingofdetroit57 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

They couldn't give an account of the game and declare us ALCD champs in the 4th either, could they smart ass?

All I was getting at was that it was a 10:05PM EST start, so it probably ended around 2:00AM EST or so, right? If you figure they had to write the story recapping the game and get it posted, you're probably looking at another hour or so there on a normal work day, let alone a very early Saturday morning.

While it was a big story for Tigers fans, it something that happens every year in every division, so it isn't exactly Earth shattering news. They got the story up as the top headline fairly early this morning. I don't think we were slighted.

This isn't the freakin' Detroit news where the game ended after the presses closed down. Its ESPN. They could have written a two sentence quick summary and updated when they got another update. Like they usually do. Its the INTERNET.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
kingofdetroit57 said:

This isn't the freakin' Detroit news where the game ended after the presses closed down. Its ESPN. They could have written a two sentence quick summary and updated when they got another update. Like they usually do. Its the INTERNET.

"What the fuck is the internet?"

Jay and Silent Bob quote, couldn't resist.

ESPN...they are big-market cock-strokers. We've known that for years. I don't even let it bother me anymore...

Back