Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN picks Spartans to take next step in 2012

Before this year id probably agree with you guys. But after seeing how much they improved in one year under hoke and mattison, I'm less worried.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Before this year id probably agree with you guys. But after seeing how much they improved in one year under hoke and mattison, I'm less worried.

Exactly. Not that it isn't a worry at all, but the players UM is losing were a part of 3 of the worst defenses in Michigan history, then one of the better (statistically) under the new staff with little new talent added to the mix. Replacing Martin and to a lesser extent Van Bergen is going to be tough, but it absolutely pales in comparison to MSU's WR situation.

greenandwhite95 said:
It's funny watching these UM homers on here try to downplay their loses next year saying they have even better backups, even though they are unproven, yet we are screwed because we have to use some players that are unproven ? Too fuckin funny. I think with a tough schedule and some growing pains, the yellow ( I think johnny struck a chord there, lol ) and blue will struggle next year, at least they wont have a year like this year.

What backups did I say were better?

greenandwhite95 said:
It's funny watching these UM homers on here try to downplay their loses next year saying they have even better backups, even though they are unproven, yet we are screwed because we have to use some players that are unproven ? Too fuckin funny. I think with a tough schedule and some growing pains, the yellow ( I think johnny struck a chord there, lol ) and blue will struggle next year, at least they wont have a year like this year.

:)

This was a thread about MSU, but the insecurity of the U of M fans rears its head once again.

Sure I'm worried about WR, but people forget that Bennie Fowler was going to be a huge part of this offense had he not been hurt. The guy is a playmaker. Dion Sims has been playing with a broken wrist for 6 games and he'll be be better than any TE we had this year, if Sims plays like he did early, we will be upgraded at TE IMO. There is plenty of talent at WR and they've been practicing with Maxwell plenty. The O line really came together and was pounding the ball at the end of the year and Bell is a beast.

What is lost is how many injuries we suffered this year. Several starters/contributors missed most or all of the season. McGaha, Burkland, Treadwell, Jairus Jones, Hoover, and Fowler were all either going to start or play a lot, but they all missed the whole season. That's why our 2012 depth is so good, we are getting several starters back from injury on an already deep team. The team was deep enough this year that they Redshirted some guys who would have played on almost any other MSU team in the past.

I don't know if it's been brought up, but we have the DT transfer Kittridge who will be eligible to play in 2012, he's a stud too from the SEC and could win the starting job there. A lot of MSU fans think we'll be better next year, I agree and so do some people at ESPN.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Why would anyone ever worry about the Spartans?

2008 35-21 MSU win
2009 26-20 MSU win
2010 34-17 MSU win
2011 28-14 MSU win

I have no idea.

johnny2x2x said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Why would anyone ever worry about the Spartans?

2008 35-21 MSU win
2009 26-20 MSU win
2010 34-17 MSU win
2011 28-14 MSU win

I have no idea.

I call your 4 beatdowns and raise you a Rich Rod.

johnny2x2x said:
greenandwhite95 said:

This was a thread about MSU, but the insecurity of the U of M fans rears its head once again.

You were the one that brought up Michigan's situation, dipwad.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
johnny2x2x said:
2008 35-21 MSU win
2009 26-20 MSU win
2010 34-17 MSU win
2011 28-14 MSU win

I have no idea.

At least RR teams were able to score 20 points a couple times. Despite 120 years in penalties against MSU Hoke's team could only muster 2 TDs.

DR said:
johnny2x2x said:

Before or after the insecure U of M fans chimed in about what we lose?

johnny2x2x said:
DR said:

We were discussing the topic and brought up valid points. That's what a messabe board is for, you were the one that went off topic and brought up Michigan. If we knew each other in person I'd place a bet with you in a second about whether or not MSU shows a big improvement next year, but I doubt you'd take it.

johnny2x2x said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Sure I'm worried about WR, but people forget that Bennie Fowler was going to be a huge part of this offense had he not been hurt. The guy is a playmaker. Dion Sims has been playing with a broken wrist for 6 games and he'll be be better than any TE we had this year, if Sims plays like he did early, we will be upgraded at TE IMO. There is plenty of talent at WR and they've been practicing with Maxwell plenty. The O line really came together and was pounding the ball at the end of the year and Bell is a beast.

What is lost is how many injuries we suffered this year. Several starters/contributors missed most or all of the season. McGaha, Burkland, Treadwell, Jairus Jones, Hoover, and Fowler were all either going to start or play a lot, but they all missed the whole season. That's why our 2012 depth is so good, we are getting several starters back from injury on an already deep team. The team was deep enough this year that they Redshirted some guys who would have played on almost any other MSU team in the past.

I don't know if it's been brought up, but we have the DT transfer Kittridge who will be eligible to play in 2012, he's a stud too from the SEC and could win the starting job there. A lot of MSU fans think we'll be better next year, I agree and so do some people at ESPN.

Lol. Because you NEVER get on the michigan board. Cracked me up that you of all people said this.

As for the rich rod offense comment. Michigan has actually scored more pts this year than last.

Shit, that's because every other thread on the U of M board is about MSU. More MSU threads than OSU threads over there usually.

johnny2x2x said:
greenandwhite95 said:

Yep, exactly. But remember Johnny, UM's loses are tough, but in no way do they pale in comparison to MSU's, LOL. I guess their uknowns are better than ours. They must have coaches who can develop players better than we do, even though we proved that theory wrong this year.

These guys are so funny. You know they are going to be thumping their chest all summer about the upcoming season, visions of titles and championships, only to be blindsided when they start to lose games because they aren't as good as they think they are.

DR said:
johnny2x2x said:

We were discussing the topic and brought up valid points. That's what a messabe board is for, you were the one that went off topic and brought up Michigan. If we knew each other in person I'd place a bet with you in a second about whether or not MSU shows a big improvement next year, but I doubt you'd take it.

Valid to you, a UM fan. Enough said

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
johnny2x2x said:
2008 35-21 MSU win
2009 26-20 MSU win
2010 34-17 MSU win
2011 28-14 MSU win

I have no idea.

Correct me if i'm wrong but weren't those RR players out there this year ? Lets see in a couple years what Hoke players can d.

greenandwhite95 said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Correct me if i'm wrong but weren't those RR players out there this year ? Lets see in a couple years what Hoke players can d.

Exactly. A good coach at a big school can get to 10 wins. Once RR players are outta here, UM can be dominate again.

Whoever will be better in the trenches next year is who will likely win the game next year, it's like that just about every year between these 2 teams.

DR said:
johnny2x2x said:

Basically it was a few UM dipwads who were insecure about MSU getting resignation about the upcoming year. SO, they had to try and make themselves feel better by comparring the loses on the field between the 2 teams, which in turn made them look even more foolish then they originally looked.

Back