Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

ESPN sucks shutting down message boards permanantly

I was banned for reasons unexplained. Because they could, I suppose.

Agreed. I started posting over there in the summer of 2001 ... And I remember teaching RABID how to swear, first posting with byco and ML ...so many memories.

Fuck you Victors... or IE, or GstringDiva, or whoever you REALLY are! ;)
It was GoBlueNanna that taught me the i /i and u /u trick!

But you DID send me the awesome bloody mary recipe that I still use today!

(Cool! The same old trick works here!)

Last edited:
If anyone knows people that still post over there, send them an invite. Better late than never.

M_RABID
Comment Count: 385 (Stupid format change! My post count was in the thousands! but nothing close to Vic, CB and ML!)
Last Updated: on 8/26/2011 at 1:19 AM

I did log in yesterday and go through my old friends list and send some links. I'd like to see DamFran again, and Realm, Hoyle, Quietguy, michmgoblue, medpoet... was quite a few. I also posted on the board one last time.

I was banned so many times, and always got my main account reinstated.
I did have RabidII, RABIDiii, RabidIV, and RabidReborn as backups. LOL

Last edited:
I cant even remember when I first started posting. I always liked the board because much like we are now we talked about what big was going on. Most of us may showed respect even if their was a disagreement. I miss the trolls on occasion just for a different point of view. Now I view everyone has friends even if I havnt met any of you as of yet. We have supported each other through good times and bad.

heh. i remember the old way to bypass the filter. it was hilarious when someone who didn't know about it would start freaking out because his curse words were getting blocked, while everyone else's went through.

RABID I remember your ASCII middle finger graphic. that was sweet. old-skool internet skills FTW.

ESPN eventually caught up with some of the tricks.

I remember trying to preserve my 10,000 post for the day RR got fired, but I logged in with the wrong account and blew it.

I always wondered who was behind the CitgoBilly schtick. those posts were funny.

some of the other characters people made up, not so much.

heh. i remember the old way to bypass the filter. it was hilarious when someone who didn't know about it would start freaking out because his curse words were getting blocked, while everyone else's went through.

RABID I remember your ASCII middle finger graphic. that was sweet. old-skool internet skills FTW.

ESPN eventually caught up with some of the tricks.

Can you believe this?!?

....................../??/)
....................,/?../
.................../..../
............./??/'...'/???`??
........../'/.../..../......./??\
........('(...?...?.... ?~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.??
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

Still have the MS Word file. LOL

I had quite a bit of interaction with the Mods over there over the years and have some of the emails saved (if I can find them).

The funniest was when I posted the song about GB's car accident and got banned. I asked "Grace Cloud" why I had been banned and she replied, "for writing a parody or song"

This is a true classic: (to my son from Uncle Rabid, just days following his birth)

SALUTATIONS!

Though you enter this world blissfully unaware of the historic event about to take place, you are sure to relive the telling of the tale of the birth of the next great MICHIGAN alum signaling the birth of the next great University of Michigan National Championship football team.

I am sure, through the relentless coaching of your able daddy, you will further the great tradition of all that is MICHIGAN. Undoubtedly you have already heard the timeless lyrics of the greatest song in all of history. Allow me to pen them for you, to study and learn from your crib, you need only commit the refrain to memory before this Saturday!

WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!

Now for a cheer they are here, triumphant!
Here they come with banners flying.
In stalwart step they're nighing.
With shouts of vict'ry crying.
We hurrah, hurrah, we greet you now, Hail!
Far we their praises sing
For the glory and fame they've bro't us,
Loud let the bells them ring,
For here they come with banners flying
Far we their praises tell
For the glory and fame they've bro't us,
Loud let the bells them ring
For here they come with banners flying
Here they come, Hurrah!

Last edited:
:cheers: Just wow.
There are truly a lot of memories from the boards.

....and he's been singing The Victors since age 2 and hasn't stopped!

Hi Vic, I've been around but haven't had much to say. Been super busy building my house. Almost done with it but its been a loooong year.

I hope you went with brick Jever. Or atleast sticks. Straw just isn't a good choice. Don't listen to those Husker fans.

Hi Vic, I've been around but haven't had much to say. Been super busy building my house. Almost done with it but its been a loooong year.

Translation: "Oh, why haven't I been on the board...? Well, I've been building a fucking HOUSE - you know, a dwelling for me and my family!"

Heh!

GoBlue!!!

Fuck you Victors... or IE, or GstringDiva, or whoever you REALLY are! ;)
It was GoBlueNanna that taught me the i /i and u /u trick!

But you DID send me the awesome bloody mary recipe that I still use today!

(Cool! The same old trick works here!)

Care to share that bloody mary recipe?

Back