Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Everson Griffen

mhughes0021

Great trade from Bob Quin. Add an upgrade over hand and allows a great rotation opposite flowers between Williams, Hand and Griffen.

Rumors out ther Marvin Jones is on the trade block. I think thats the right move and probably would have been done the previous off season if he wasnt going through so much personal stuff. This move needs to happen if we want to create room to sign KG long term. Also, MJJ used to be our deep threat...hes not that guy anymore. Cephus can do the intermediate stuff and produce just as much for cheaper. Offense at this point should go through Swift and Hockenson and sprinkle in KG.

I don't think there's any possible way Marvin Jones gets traded while we're trying to make a push for the playoffs. Trading him just doesn't make sense now, esp. when the return wouldn't be anything worthwhile, and he's still got Staffords full trust. If we were well below .500, then it would 100% make sense, just not given our current situation.

I love the trade for Everson Griffen and was pleasantly surprised by the news being announced mere seconds after I turned my TV on this morning.

They should have tried to trade Jones last year (maybe they did). This year...who would want him?

I don't think there's any possible way Marvin Jones gets traded while we're trying to make a push for the playoffs. Trading him just doesn't make sense now, esp. when the return wouldn't be anything worthwhile, and he's still got Staffords full trust. If we were well below .500, then it would 100% make sense, just not given our current situation.

I love the trade for Everson Griffen and was pleasantly surprised by the news being announced mere seconds after I turned my TV on this morning.
Push for the playoffs? Okay.

Did anyone see this article? Quinnen Williams on the block for multiple picks that do NOT include a 1st as long as at least one pick is in the second round.
https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/2044636

I?ll pass. Until we can get a coach who can develop players, I?d rather not trade for young talent.

The Everett trade I like. Gave up nothing and got a vet who can play at an above average level.

Griffen is a good trade. 3rd down rusher who is motivated

While I am glad that we are addressing the pass rush, I am not sold that Griffen is the answer. He has been declining the past few seasons. I am not sure who he would replace. Romeo has been playing welland Flowers' salary dictates that he starts.. If he can be a good rotational DE but I don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but we only gave up a 6th.

While I am glad that we are addressing the pass rush, I am not sold that Griffen is the answer. He has been declining the past few seasons. I am not sure who he would replace. Romeo has been playing welland Flowers' salary dictates that he starts.. If he can be a good rotational DE but I don't see it. I hope I'm wrong but we only gave up a 6th.

This certainly wasn?t a move to ?FIX? the pass rush. It gives them a legit #3 DE so Flowers and Okwara don?t die on the field. Solid rush/run defender that can play well at 30 snaps/game.

Hand has not come near the level of play he did as a rookie. And little Okwara has been a massive disappointment so far. It?s a good move.

Trade Marvin for a LB or another DL and throw the Texans a 3rd for Fuller.

Bingo!

so he is motivated now but wasn't before???

Why of course he is, Griffen tweeted to the Lions fans that "This dog is ready to eat!":tup:

I would have tweeted "This new Lion will soon be ready to maul"...but why quibble over minor details?

Pass rush in this defense only comes from LBs. Grifffen will be a pass rush upgrade at DE. Think WIlliams or Hand but you actually hear his name get close to the qb.

Okwara will continue to rush from the edge.

Flowers hopefully will get freed up to get more pressure than he has the first part of the year.

Great depth and gives them another rotation guy. Got him cheap so it’s a great deal.
Man if we only had that damn Bears loss back. Team should be at minimum 4-2.
Hopefully we upset the colts and beat the teams we are suppose to.

Team really need to win its next 5 of 6 to have any shot of the last four games meaning anything. Sure would be nice if we could destroy a team or two. Love to see a long winning streak.

Colts 4-2.
@ Minnesota 1-5.
Washington 2-5
@ Carolina 3-4
Texans 1-6
@ Bears 5-2
Green Bay 5-1
@ Tennessee 5-1
Tampa Bay 5-2
Minnesota 1-5

I have heard rumors that the Pats might trade Gillmore. The Lions love those ex pats!

Back