Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fairley in walking boot.

Fairley was definitely a surprise pick but I understood it. Corey Williams is getting up there and will be lucky to be here after this year. Sammie Lee Hill is a nice player but we will need a rotation of 3 and a talent of Fairley's caliber doesn't drop to you very often. I liked it and still do, this is a minor set back.

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]http://www.sportsmd.com/SportsMD_Articles/id/283/n/what_is_a_lisfranc_injury.aspx
Explanation of lisfranc injury.

that doesn't sound good imo.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
I was never sold on the Fairley pick, I thought you guys shoulda worked on your DBs.

Really liked the Leshoure pick though. Wanted packers to get him.

The early expectations for the first pick was supposed to be Amukamara, of course. While that would have been a popular pick on draft day and would have satisfied much of the concern for the DB position, it might have backfired as well given that Amukamara just broke his foot in his second practice.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/6840281/prince-amukamara-new-york-giants-breaks-foot-indefinitely

So in retrospect, building quality depth for the (already strong) d-line still seems like a solid choice. I don't think Fairley was going to be starting right away and that he would be eased into the position. Provided he gets good treatment and recovers from the injury, he still probably offers the best long-term draft choice for the Lions. Unlike losing Stafford for the season, losing Fairley for a few months or even the entire year is only an annoyance.

Man I hope the kid is OK... He totally dominated the Ducks in last seasons BCS game...

Montavious Stanley - DL - Lions

Lions signed DT Montavious Stanley.
Stanley was out of the league last year after getting cut by the Dolphins. A nose tackle type, he'll be a camp body while Nick Fairley (foot surgery) rehabs.
Source: Chris McCosky on Twitter

Keyunta Dawson - DL - Lions

Lions signed DL Keyunta Dawson, formerly of the Colts.
A versatile swing lineman throughout his career, Dawson figures to play end in the Lions' 4-3 scheme. The 2007 seventh-round pick played in all 16 games for the Colts last year, recording 31 tackles and no sacks.
Source: Chris McCosky on Twitter

Lions looking for DL bodies....not a good sign.

Guys hurt and you need bodies for training camp anyway. So not necessarily a bad thing.

Back