Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fairley To Miss Week 1

SLICK said:
Nick Fairley - DL - Lions

Nick Fairley (foot) remains in a walking boot.
At this point, it's hard to see Fairley being available for the season opener. Stress fractures need to be healed completely in order to avoid further aggravation down the line. Fairley will also need time to get in game shape as he hasn't practiced in nearly a month.
He's probably more realistically looking at week 4 or so for a return. Like you said, he hasn't practiced in a month, and he went down really early in camp, so he'll have some catching up to do there as well.

why not PUP him? at least they'd have another body on the roster for the first 6 weeks, right? and you don't have to worry about rushing him back and make sure his ass is in game shape.

4-6 weeks now? WTF? I thought this cat was going to ready by at least the home opener. This fucking blows....

tonyballs said:
4-6 weeks now? WTF? I thought this cat was going to ready by at least the home opener. This fucking blows....

i think that was just a guess by a poster? lol..cuz i have not seen one thing suggesting he will be back in weeks 4-6...in fact i haven't seen much at all regarding to when he will be back

I wouldn't be upset if they put him on the PUP list it's not like we're hurting for d-line talent. I just want him healthy and whatever it takes to get him 100% and out there causing havoc with the rest of them I'll support. If he's out there at less than 100% is he helping? Is he better than Hill if that's the case? I want him at his peak.

Back