Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Favorite Michigan restaurants?

well... if I was coming from that direction & driving, I'd pick Max & Erma's (NW corner of State & Eisenhower), since it has better food...

If I didn't mind stopping on campus, the closest bar is Packard Pub on State & Packard. probably about a half-mile (15 min) walk down State across to Crisler. I think before the ohio game we got a bucket of 6 beers for like $12 or something. They had lots of TVs.

It may have been a couple bucks more; if that's the case, let me know, and I'll send you a check for the difference, ya cheap bastad.

MichChamp02 said:
well... if I was coming from that direction & driving, I'd pick Max & Erma's (NW corner of State & Eisenhower), since it has better food...

If I didn't mind stopping on campus, the closest bar is Packard Pub on State & Packard. probably about a half-mile (15 min) walk down State across to Crisler. I think before the ohio game we got a bucket of 6 beers for like $12 or something. They had lots of TVs.

It may have been a couple bucks more; if that's the case, let me know, and I'll send you a check for the difference, ya cheap bastad.

Max & Erma's?? I'm going with Beez, not my grandma!

But cool, I'll send you my address in a PM just in case you owe me.

My hatred for Damon's is so strong, I would go to Max and Erma's over that place in a heartbeat.

Most Max & Erma's have bars you can sit at, and they have that really great french onion soup.

Uh... it goes well with the cheap beer you'll be drinking.

French onion soup at Max n Ermas for pre game...

other than slamming my nut sack with a hammer I don't know how I could get anymore in the mood for a great hoops game at The Crisler. lol

I live in Montana and haven't been back to the Mitten in about ten years. I miss Buddy's and Coney Island most of all. For a nicer meal, the Gandy Dancer was always great. Not much beats a Blimpy Burger. I also really miss being able to wake up hungover and go to Big Boy. Other Michigan things I miss are Faygo, Gus's breadsticks, Cottage Inn, Better Made chips, Open Pit BBQ sauce, and Oberon. Damn, it's been too long.

TitustheYoung said:
I live in Montana and haven't been back to the Mitten in about ten years. I miss Buddy's and Coney Island most of all. For a nicer meal, the Gandy Dancer was always great. Not much beats a Blimpy Burger. I also really miss being able to wake up hungover and go to Big Boy. Other Michigan things I miss are Faygo, Gus's breadsticks, Cottage Inn, Better Made chips, Open Pit BBQ sauce, and Oberon. Damn, it's been too long.

Faygo and Better Made are the best. Together with a chicken sandwich they make the perfect meal.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
TitustheYoung said:

Faygo and Better Made are the best. Together with a chicken sandwich they make the perfect meal.

Every couple of months I have to ship a large box of Faygo 2-litre bottles of Rock n Rye to a friend who moved to Nevada, usually 8 bottles of rock n rye, and one random one like redpop, creme soda, black cherry, or root beer, packed in a box 3x3.

I'm on a first name basis with the lady that drives UPS in my area because of it.

TitustheYoung said:

Is Open Pit BBQ sauce a Michigan thing?

I thought it was a national brand.

Is Open Pit BBQ sauce a Michigan thing?

I thought it was a national brand.[/quote]

It may be available in areas around Michigan, but I look every time I go to another state, UT, ID, WA, OR, CA, non have it. BBQ Chicken just doesn't taste the same.

Maybe it's just not out west.

I'm sure they sell it in Virginia, I can remember visiting my grandma and uncle when I was young and we always had Open Pit BBQ sauce, it's still all I use.

EDIT:

I guess it's a midwest thing only but is from Detroit.

http://www.openpit.com/history.html

I miss Frick's Bar & Grill in Midland. Food was better than average and is still one of my all time favorite places to shoot pool.

GJ's pizza and Don's Drive-In in TC. Zingerman's in AA. That's about it, there's a lot of good food out here so I don't miss too much.

Back