Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Favorites

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]I'm talking all-time favorite Wolverines.

QB-
RB-
WR-
TE-
OL-
DL-
LB-
DB-
not necessarily the best, but just your favorites.

QB - Drew Henson, still the most physically gifted QB I ever saw
RB - Mike Hart, still don't know how he broke the tackles he did
WR - Desmond Howard, mimicked "The Catch" in the backyard
TE - Jerame Tuman, won a National Title at UM and a Super Bowl ring with the Steelers
OL - Steve Hutchinson, my favorite because he was the most violent run blocker
DL - LaMarr Woodley, perhaps my favorite UM player ever
LB - Woodley at DE so I can go with Jarret Irons here
DB - Who else?! #2

I became a UM fan at about the age of 8 because as a kid I loved their helmets. The first time I remember crying over a UM loss was the two kickoff returns by the Rocket and losing to Notre Dame which was what, 1989? So my favorites are from that time period on.

Beez said:
Anybody wanna list their least favorite Michigan players..I'm interested to see those as well.

My least favorites tend to be the guys who had the talent, at times showed the talent, but were never consistent producers.

QB - John Navarre, slow and looked at primary receiver, never seemed to figure it all out. Blame several losses on him. (Nick Sheridan a close second, and I don't think we'll EVER again see a QB who completes less than 50% of his passes AND averages fewer than 10 yards per completion.)
RB - Brandon Minor, TON of talent, again, never figured it out, same problems Chris Perry faced early in his career, but Perry figured it out
WR - Marquise Walker, will never forget the ball hitting him on the 4 in that 2001 loss to OSU. This is tough though, b/c I really do respect the all around receiver he was. That one play though....damn!
TE - don't really have one
OL - Boren
DL - Gabe Watson, he was SOFT!
LB - Obi Ezeh, dude SUUUUUUUCCCCCCKKKKKKEDDDD!
CB - Jeremy LeSeur

QB- Tom Brady
RB- Tyrone Wheatley, A-Train, Touchdown Tim
WR- Desmond Howard, Braylon Edwards
TE- Jerame Tuman
OL- Jake Long
DL- Lamarr Woodley, Brandon Graham, Rob Renes
LB- Sam Sword, Jarret Irons
DB- CHARLES WOODSON

Just couldn't pick one for some positions and there are so many more that I want to list, but I cut myself off.

QB- Harbaugh

RB- Butch Woolfolk

WR- Anthony Carter/Desmond Howard. There is just no way I could pick between the two.

TE- Jerame Tuman

OL- Greg Skrepenak

DL- Mark Messner

LB- Mike Mallory

DB- Charles Woodson

QB- Brian Griese although Harbaugh is up there.
RB- Tim Biakabatuka
WR- Anthony Carter and there is not a close second for me.
TE- Jay Riemersma
OL- Brandstatter although I only saw him when I was a kid. Stefan Humphries and Jumbo Elliot are the other two I followed. Hard to ignore Jake Long though - I find this one very hard as there are so damn many I have liked over the years.
DL- Mike Hammerstein or Mark Messner
LB- Mike Mallory
DB- Charles Woodson

QB- Harbaugh
RB- Billy Taylor
WR- A. Carter,
TE- J. Tuman
OL- Jumbo Elliott..many to choose from here
DL- Woodley
LB- R Simpkins, tackling machine
DB- Ty law

bdtay71 said:
RB- Butch Woolfolk

Wow, just wow. First off, his name is Troy. Secondly, he plays DB. And finally, it's spelled woolfoRk.

Some people just have no understanding of Michigan football.

DR said:
bdtay71 said:
RB- Butch Woolfolk

Wow, just wow. First off, his name is Troy. Secondly, he plays DB. And finally, it's spelled woolfoRk.

Art, and I could be wrong..but I think Butch Woolfork was the name of an old, old wooden ship...used in the civil war.

Beez said:
DR said:

Art, and I could be wrong..but I think Butch Woolfork was the name of an old, old wooden ship...used in the civil war.

Well whose ship was it, Oregon or Oregon State's?

DR said:
Beez said:

Well whose ship was it, Oregon or Oregon State's?

Google is your friend.

It should be favorite DB besides Charles. Or give the safeties their own category. Who didn't love Ernest Shazor? And Cato June?

HailHail said:
It should be favorite DB besides Charles. Or give the safeties their own category. Who didn't love Ernest Shazor? And Cato June?

i did not like Cato June at all honestly. I liked him more as a pro than a wolverine.

DR said:
bdtay71 said:
RB- Butch Woolfolk

I had to refrain from my first response and now I am left wondering if this was a serious post?

bdtay71 said:
DR said:

I had to refrain from my first response and now I am left wondering if this was a serious post?

Oh c'mon bdtay, I KNOW i laid it on thick enough!

Ty would have been my 2nd fav, followed by Vada Murray and Tripp Welbourne. How can you not like those names for DB's?

DR said:
bdtay71 said:

LOL...okay! I really did think you were serious until I read the part about it being spelled Woolfork. But then you followed up with some people having no understanding of Michigan Football and had me going again!

bdtay71 said:
DR said:

LOL...okay! I really did think you were serious until I read the part about it being spelled Woolfork. But then you followed up with some people having no understanding of Michigan Football and had me going again!

Yeah, I figured the Woolfork thing would help, but I actually thought that last sentence would be the biggest clue.

Back