Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FBI closes Solar Observatory & Two Post offices

I read that too. Like they found a STUXNET style attack. That wouldn't explain why they evacuated the area around the place though. Plus, you'd be grilling the employees, not evacuating them.

According to this article they also evacuated the local post office. (link)

So maybe some nutcase mailed them something hazardous, and they put everything on lockdown to clean it up?

They directly address other questions about the cause, for example, in the article when they clarify that the mercury pool the telescope rests in was not the cause of the closure, and they have a different set of protocols for accidents related to that.

oh... I see now the thread title indicates it was TWO post offices.

Need to read more carefully.

So the place is abandoned. They're aren't doing anything there, but they also didn't leave guards to keep people out. I'm thinking this has to be far less interesting than people are speculating. Maybe they wanted everyone gone, but underestimated how interested people would be.

The guy that runs the mufon site can't remember his name now, regular weekly updates on C2C AM said last night he was going to try and find out what it's all about and will report back in a week. I won't hold my breath he finds out anything.

Maybe, as the ISS was passing between the Earth and the sun, they spotted someone drilling holes in it.

Maybe they just closed the place because with all the telescopes in the world that people could look through almost nobody was traveling to MFN NM to just look through one more fuckin? telescope.

And definitely not a telescope pointed at the sun.

didn't Galileo go blind looking at the sun through his telescope like a fuckin' idiot?

didn't Galileo go blind looking at the sun through his telescope like a fuckin' idiot?

Internet says he went blind two decades after making solar observations.

Solar Observatory should reopen today. Apparently, someone working there was involved in some crime and was thought to be dangerous.

Internet says he went blind two decades after making solar observations.

Solar Observatory should reopen today. Apparently, someone working there was involved in some crime and was thought to be dangerous.

Dang no Aliens ?

Back