Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Felton Cut

81 or 80, I know Leshoure counts against a roster spot until 4pm today. Just saying after his spot is freed up on the roster, it is possible Felton could return...stress -- possible.

cheeno said:
81 or 80, I know Leshoure counts against a roster spot until 4pm today. Just saying after his spot is freed up on the roster, it is possible Felton could return...stress -- possible.

Sure he could return, duh. But when 4 o'clock comes we'll be at 80. So someone else would need to be cut.

Mikel Leshoure Won't Count Against Lions Roster After Today's Cut Deadline

Pod_tiny by Sean Yuille on Aug 30, 2011 12:52 PM EDT in Detroit Lions News

Although the Detroit Lions have already placed running back Mikel Leshoure on injured reserve, he is still taking up a spot on the roster. The reason for this is because he would have to be waived/injured to free up a spot on the roster, and exposing him to waivers would not be a very smart move.

According to Dave Birkett, Leshoure will finally stop counting against the roster at 4 p.m. today when the first cut deadline arrives. Teams have to be down to 80 players, and with Leshoure's roster spot set to disappear, the Lions will be good to go.

This is how the Lions shrunk their roster from 90 to 80 players:

Released: RB Mike Bell, FB Jerome Felton, WR Demario Ballard, WR Marcus Harris, DT Montavious Stanley, LB DeJuan Fulghum, S Michael Johnson, K Dave Rayner
Waived/injured: TE Richard Dickson
Placed on IR: RB Mikel Leshoure

WE have 81 with Lehsoure which makes it 80 the limit. they are doing him a favor by letting him know now so maybe he can catch on with another team like they did with Rayner. Rayner already has tryouts with other teams scheduled. I dont think we will have a true FB on the roster this year. We are going with a lot of 2 TE and even maybe 3 with Heller at FB and if we have him as a receiver out of the backfield it could be to our advantage.

I like Heller. He's looked good too during these exhibition games.

Yeah Felton is gone. Thought it might have to do with roster maneuvering but obviously was wrong. Not exactly a terrible loss.

4 minutes ago -by Steve Reed -Panthers claim FB Felton The Panthers have claimed FB Jerome Felton off waivers from the Lions. Tony Fiammetta (concussion) has missed the last few weeks with a concussion. Lions RapidReports

Back