Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Final Four Nhl teams

biggunsbob

I just really have little intrest in these teams. Not sure why the Vegas story doesn't excite me but I just don't think a expansion team should have it this easy. Winnipeg's kind of a good story.

Winnipeg vs Vegas.
Washington vs Tampa Bay

Last edited:
My rooting interests:
1. Winnipeg. Fun team to watch, lots of local guys too.
2. Vegas. Haven’t seen more than a couple periods of their games all year but I love their story.
3. Washington. Would like to see a great like Ovechkin get a title.
4. Tampa. Don’t really care for them but slim chance if they win it all that Yzerman would consider a return to Detroit.

Can’t see myself being mad regardless of who wins it all though.

For first time in a while actually got someone to support past 2nd round.

Provided Winnipeg don't win, I am happy.

My finals predictions would be TB vs Vegas. But I rather see Winnipeg win. Can't stand Washington so hopefully TB wins that.

Rooting for
Winnipeg.
Washington.
Tampa Bay.
Vegas.

Rooting for everything non-Winnipeg.

I won't hear the end of it for 20 years if Winnipeg wins.

It is a joke how good Vegas is. The nhl changed the expansion rules for Vegas. I bet the other expansion teams would like a do over and pick again under the same rules as Vegas had. No expansion team should compete for any title period !!!

The funny thing is Gary Bettman is so stupid. Vegas attendance was going to be be great anyway. They should have had the same rules as Arizona, Winnipeg and other expansion teams. I will not watch on Stanley Cup Final game if Vegas makes it. They do not deserve to be this good.

Last edited:
Vegas is 1 freaking win away from the Stanley Cup appearance. It's a joke to modern sports.

Well, they outskate and out compete everyone.

Keep in mind Tatar the benchwarmer (football term) is skater with highest cap hit.

Karlsson had a 23.4% shooting. That is an unsustainable number.

Neal, Karlsson, Perron, Miller (41 points as a D), Theodore (29 points in 61 games as a D) are all key free agents this summer.

Defenceman with 0.5 points per game like Miller and Theodore typically get 5-6 million on open market.

Karlsson at a point per game an demand the world he is clearly their best player. Somehow Marchesault signed a super team friendly extension in January/February at only 5 mil per season.

Neal/Perron would normally get 5-5.5 million per on the open market. Neal is essentially the team captain and would be shocked if he does not re-sign. Perron was nearly point per game with 66 pts in 70 gp. I wonder if he will be return or sign somewhere else for big money.

NHL is built upon exploiting entry level contracts, something teams like Detroit are horrendously bad at.

I wonder if Vegas wins, does Dale Tallon get his name on cup for helping them get 2 top line players in Smith/Marchesault.

I should mention guys like Karlsson, Miller, and THeodore have salaries at 1 mill or under.

Open market value that is 15-20 million after this season. All are RFAs to boot.

It's a joke they made it this far. They wouldn't if the old expansions rules were in place. I agree Ken Holland and the Red Wings are idiots.

Seems to easy but I wonder how fun it is for the fans. Sometimes it's better when it takes a while. I remember the Pistons.. took awhile to get past Boston, then we finally do and we lose to LA. Until they finally get it done.

Patriot fans must be bored. Yippee, another title - yawn.

They out skate, and out compete everyone.

THeir forecheck is ridiculously effective.

Vegas - Washington final.

Washington has the better high end talent (Ovi,Kuz,Back), but man Vegas so much faster. They compete so hard as well its gonna be hard for the caps. Niskanen and Orpik aren't the best skaters at this point. They might be the easy pickings for Vegas.

No one left that I care to watch. I'll wait until the regular season.

No one left that I care to watch. I'll wait until the regular season.

you seem to be in the same boat as most fans. The semi-finals are getting similar ratings as a normal Sunday night baseball rating (both had 0.8 rating)

It doesn't appear that many people like watching hockey on TV

Vegas, Winnipeg, Washington, and Tampa aren't exactly big markets.

You want rating, put Toronto-Monteal in finals every year. Screw the playoffs, they will get you ratings everytime.

Well... if you want Yankee coverage you need Chicago...

So Chicago-Toronto or Chicago-Montreal.

you seem to be in the same boat as most fans. The semi-finals are getting similar ratings as a normal Sunday night baseball rating (both had 0.8 rating)

It doesn't appear that many people like watching hockey on TV

The NHL is a smaller market than MLB. Personally I like watching the games on TV. But like most sports these days if Detroit is not one of those teams I generally don't watch. I catch a little bit, because well it's hockey.

Back