Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Final gameday food thread

dannydiggler

I don't have time to cook a decent meal tonight so I think i'll hit up this bbq joint in town and bring home some ribs. Delicious. If we had a decent Cajun place I would do that instead. What are y'all doing?

I just ate crappy pizza for lunch.

going to eat healthy for the game... tuna sandwich, some vegetables, & soup.

I also ate crappy pizza. I usually like pizza but this was shit.

Nothing worse than a shitty pizza to screw you're stomach up all day... $5 zas from little Caesars do it to me every time.

Well I haven't decided but it isn't going to be crappy pizza...that's for sure.

We've got a cajun place just down the street from my place in Indy. Owner and cooks are all from Lafayette, LA. They make some mean crawfish etouffee! I will be smashing that with some spicy cajun bread. My stomach just growled. It said GO BLUE!

I'm smoking/BBQ rub 10 lbs. of chicken thighs and legs and 3 lbs. of wings for tonight.

I'll try and post some pictures tonight during or after the game.

I soaked them in olive oil and rolled them in dry rub and are waiting to go into the smoker.

Damn, I can't wait til game time.Mmmmmmm....mmmmm....Gooood!!!

MICHDAD1 said:
I'm smoking/BBQ rub 10 lbs. of chicken thighs and legs and 3 lbs. of wings for tonight.

I soaked them in olive oil and rolled them in dry rub and are waiting to go into the smoker.

Damn dude.. fed ex me some

[color=#551A8B said:
Danny Diggler[/color]]
MICHDAD1 said:

Damn dude.. fed ex me some

Yeah, this is normal at my house on game day or tailgating. I do a 10 lb. prime rib, 20-30 lbs. of Ribs, 8-16 lbs. of pork butts, hams, new york strip and ribeye steaks. I can go on and on. My kids absolutely love it as well as friends and extended family.

I make a motion that we have a board get together at Michdad's house for the Bama game...All in favor?

wheels002 said:
I make a motion that we have a board get together at Michdad's house for the Bama game...All in favor?

what if he doesn't really make that much food, and he's just bragging to sound cool and impress Marlo Stanfield?

MichChamp02 said:
wheels002 said:

what if he doesn't really make that much food, and he's just bragging to sound cool and impress Marlo Stanfield?

Do it or don't. I gots a place to be.

MichChamp02 said:
wheels002 said:

Mmmm.. Excuse me? Did I say I made all the items on he list? Well, it's true. I did say I would post some pictures didn't I?

Guess, I'll have to put in front of the live game screen and take a picky for proof.

Believe me, this is normal on game day.

Michdad has invited many to his spreads.....really doubt that he'd be bluffing.

I am keeping it low profile for the most part tonight...... Pistachios so I don't eat the shit out of my fingernails, High end Sartori Black pepper reserve cheese...Homemade Canadian Cheese Soup for starters with shrimp scampi in heavy freshly crushed garlic.

Only entree items are two 12 inch fresh submarine buns which I shall "Dagwood" out with all or some the following:
Giardiniera relish
Spicy brown mustard
Olive
Chipolte mayo
Light lettuce
Thinly cut on the vine tomatoes, maybe a couple slices of green too
Banana peppers
Mid grade prosciutto...thinly sliced
Mid grade (Hoffmans) hard salami
Kowalski Polish ham
Hoffman extra hot pepper cheese
Imported baby swiss
Aged Pinconning super sharp cheese

Only things I may not be able to incorporate are bleu cheese, feta, anchovies, and jalapenos

Gotta be up at 6am.....so sticking with Labatt's Blue (tradition) with a few Mooseheads on reserve....might do a couple of Stoli lemondrops the last half hour before toe meets leather.

Eggnog ice cream for the victory dessert.

I actually just had some GREAT Pizza, no cheap shit. Klaivons in Jackson, best Chicago ( Deep dish ) pie in mid michigan. Will cost you around 20 bones, but well worth it. You ever been there SH ?

Thanks damfran,

Looks like you're having quite the dinner tonight. Enjoy!

There'll be a day when we get together, maybe at a tailgate or our homes for a good BBQ. I love to cook.

Until then, Let's Go Blue!

Back