Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Finally some good news on Injuries

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Relion, what you said " Ok, I'm saying we don't need him to play this year to have a successful season.". I read this.
Jesus Christ...as a team. We don't need Nick Fairley to play this year in order for our team to have a successful season. That is what I'm saying. The team can win without him. God, reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

Maybe I can translate... you are saying that him missing time will be good for his growth as a player, and that the Lions season isn't dependent on him playing or playing well this year. Is that right?

The Lions ARE stacked on DL, so I guess I can see your line of thought there, though I'd rather have him than not have him.

As far as it being better for Fairley, that's where the glue sniffing comes in. He needs to play, to hit, to get hit, in order to learn. DT's normally take a few years to have a big impact (Suh is/was a complete abberation), and missing some or all of the first year will do nothing but delay his progress.

relionme said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Relion, what you said " Ok, I'm saying we don't need him to play this year to have a successful season.". I read this.
Jesus Christ...as a team. We don't need Nick Fairley to play this year in order for our team to have a successful season. That is what I'm saying. The team can win without him. God, reading comprehension is clearly not your strong suit.

Ahh. And I see you revert to insults when you can't argue your point.

relionme said:
[color=#006400 said:

lol...ofcourse they NEED Nick Fairley..if they didn't they wouldnt have invested a #13 pick on him...Schwartz wants the DLINE rotation of Fairley , Suh , Hill and Williams...without him alot of the pre season planning goes down the tubes....Suh plays more snaps which Schwartz wanted to avoid.

buddy saying you don't need your #13 pick overall on the field contributing is assinine.

jared said:
Maybe I can translate... you are saying that him missing time will be good for his growth as a player, and that the Lions season isn't dependent on him playing or playing well this year. Is that right?

The Lions ARE stacked on DL, so I guess I can see your line of thought there, though I'd rather have him than not have him.

As far as it being better for Fairley, that's where the glue sniffing comes in. He needs to play, to hit, to get hit, in order to learn. DT's normally take a few years to have a big impact (Suh is/was a complete abberation), and missing some or all of the first year will do nothing but delay his progress.
Yes, that's right. Obviously him not playing delays his progress as a player. What I'm trying to say is the injury may possibly have an effect on his attitude and his point of view, and that in that respect (especially if his attitude really is a problem) the injury could help with that. As far as the physical progress goes, because we are deep at DT, if his progress is slowed, it won't really hurt us overall as a team at all.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
relionme said:

Actually, I've argued my point quite effectively I think. Not my fault you can't understand it.

I get what you are saying but I think he was already put in check because he was going to be a second string guy. But him being hurt in no way is a positive. Coming out of college people questioned his work ethic and now he is being paid to sit. He needs reps against NFL quality players. I just hope he comes back healthy and then plays well.

relionme said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

Actually, I've argued my point quite effectively I think. Not my fault you can't understand it.

Only a tool would think its a good thing Fairley is hurt and won't effect the team. I think it was said above, do yourself a favor and stop posting. You're going to hurt yourself.

relionme said:
jared said:

Yes, that's right. Obviously him not playing delays his progress as a player. What I'm trying to say is the injury may possibly have an effect on his attitude and his point of view, and that in that respect (especially if his attitude really is a problem) the injury could help with that. As far as the physical progress goes, because we are deep at DT, if his progress is slowed, it won't really hurt us overall as a team at all.

That is horrible reasoning. He was a #1 pick. He has the talent to be a Pro Bowler at his position. How is him not playing beneficial to us?

Don't misunderstand... I understand your point, I just think it's 100% wrong.

just he fact he is also a 3 tech like Suh makes him a HUGE NEED.

you put Fairley and Williams at DT and you can move Suh outside to DE where he can stand up rush , or you can put him at the Mike if you so desired....

Fairley free's up Suh to be moved all over the place.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
dtroitlionsfan951 said:
ahh...the arguing..it already feels like home....

We have our first dumb guy. Unless I missed someone.

I almost wanna delete his posts , to give him a do-over.

Yea I know Schwartz joked up not have an extensive dline playbook but they were putting this line together and are going to want to do some unusual things to make it even more effective. Moving suh and fairley around. They need this kid to get reps not be injured.

Good thing Stafford has been hurt the last 2 seasons so he can learn and doesnt get too big of a ego. The Lions dont need him to be successful with Hill and Stanton as backups.

JScottWriter said:
Good thing Stafford has been hurt the last 2 seasons so he can learn and doesnt get too big of a ego. The Lions dont need him to be successful with Hill and Stanton as backups.

Port Charlotte. 6 times I've been there on vaction, Deep Creek. Nice place.

Back