Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FIRE GUNTHER CUNNINGNHAM!!!

Defense has really gone down hill as this season has gone along..

I blame the secondary. Too many big plays the second half.

1250 yards in 2 game! That has to be the worst performance in history for 2 games. That's just ridiculous. Gunther is ultimately responsible.

johnny2x2x said:
1250 yards in 2 game! That has to be the worst performance in history for 2 games. That's just ridiculous. Gunther is ultimately responsible.
if it was just picking on our horrid secondary i would understand. But the strangth of our team is supposed to be the dline and they sucked.....i dont think they called avrils namce 1 single time that game lol. We cant tackle worth a shit. They ran the ball down our throats. We had 2 passes thrown right at us and we dropped them. It was a shitty defensive game in basically every single aspect. Gunther should get the boot. What do you have to lose?...22nd vs pass and 29 vs run for the year...then this debacle. Can only get better from there.

Maybe they should go after spagnuolo. get a little creative with blitzes and learn to put more pressure.

motown1958 said:
Maybe they should go after spagnuolo. get a little creative with blitzes and learn to put more pressure.

I like that thought.

It wont happen they will keep Gun but its not a bad second option. With the players we have they could get very creative they just havent. I hate seeing this team run two deep zone or man to man with a cushion and have nobody over the top. They need to hit at the line and force plays to take longer. Its just very frustrating.

We're coming off our first playoff appearance since 1999 and people are calling for heads to be fired?

I'm sick of predictable, repeated 4 man rushes that QBs step around 95% of the time. Bring a LB or, heaven forbid a DB on a blitz for once. Maybe the most generic NFL defense ever.

sggatecl said:
I'm sick of predictable, repeated 4 man rushes that QBs step around 95% of the time. Bring a LB or, heaven forbid a DB on a blitz for once. Maybe the most generic NFL defense ever.

They do that for a reason. The CB can't cover 1 on 1.

mhughes0021 said:
johnny2x2x said:
if it was just picking on our horrid secondary i would understand. But the strangth of our team is supposed to be the dline and they sucked.....i dont think they called avrils namce 1 single time that game lol. We cant tackle worth a shit. They ran the ball down our throats. We had 2 passes thrown right at us and we dropped them. It was a shitty defensive game in basically every single aspect. Gunther should get the boot. What do you have to lose?...22nd vs pass and 29 vs run for the year...then this debacle. Can only get better from there.

They called Avril's name twice. He jumped offsides once and early in the game he thought he was going to get chip blocked by Graham and he just fell down. Collinsworth was making fun of him for that.

manchild98 said:
mhughes0021 said:

They called Avril's name twice. He jumped offsides once and early in the game he thought he was going to get chip blocked by Graham and he just fell down. Collinsworth was making fun of him for that.

Avril got tossed to the ground the following play as well.

sggatecl said:

no need to step around lol...they take themselves out of the play half the time. Avril was flying so far up the field today he was like 20 yards beyond the LOS lmao....dude sucked ass. Suh ran right by the rb in the backfiled like 4 different times. Sure Bosch plays hard....unfortunately that doesnt make him productive...at all.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]They won't fire him.

You don't give up 1200 yards of offense in 2 "important" games and still maintain your job security. I will guarantee you Cunningham gets fired.

tonyballs said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]They won't fire him.

You don't give up 1200 yards of offense in 2 "important" games and still maintain your job security. I will guarantee you Cunningham gets fired.

I won't complain I just don't see it.

Back