Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fire Leyland, Raburn sucks, Valverde sucks this team is terrible

beez

I mean come on..there are a handful of games left, Detroit is in 1st place regardless of how many games you think they should have won to this point...seems like all anyone ever wants to post about is how bad this team is. What if Detroit rallies and wins a World Series? Are we not gonna celebrate but instead talk about how it would be crazy to bring Leyland back or talk about what we need to do in the off season to get rid of so and so....

I know those things are issues but we've been over them a million times. Enjoy the race and see what happens. 1st place, Go Tigers!

I'm cheering for the Tigers

but I still envision them barely making the playoffs, getting booted early, and then keeping Leyland, Raburn, and Valverde for another year of frustration...

Obviously, I'll have a smile on my face and a boot in my mouth if they win the world series.

regardless of how we do from here on, my thoughts will be the same as above.

we might not be a terrible team, but we have the nucleus of being a so so team.

Last edited:
Obviously, I'll have a smile on my face and a boot in my mouth if they win the world series.

Don't let him fool you, beez will too. He said the Tigers weren't going to win it weeks ago.

But his point about constantly harping on and bitching about known issues rather than enjoying what we have should be well taken.

Its crazy to think anyone wouldn't be happy about a WS. But its sports, some people bitch, well most people do some louder than others. That's been going on since Earth, day 1. But regardless it doesn't change the fact Raburn blows.

The Tigers have the nucelus of being a so so team...that tells me that Leyland is doing a good job if the team wins the division.

Most all of us here are hardcore, passionate, life long Tigers/Lions/RedWings fans.
We watch the games faithfully, and the eye test for this season has become a season of extreme frustration, and the reason(s) for all the angry postings.

I knew this wasn't what they said for the 2008 team, that would score 1000 runs or anywhere near that. and hoped the defense would be at least tolerable. But by any defensive metric, they are the worst or one of the top 3 to 5 worst teams defensively, however you decipher. And that is just a part of it; bases loaded hitting/lack of, scoring in one inning and then nothing, getting shutdown by pitchers who are know as stiffs as pitchers.
Damn near every game at least 1 and more likely 2/3 plus innings that are 4/5 out innings.
As I said earlier here or in another thread, I go to other teams message boards and see the same, not only for the stiffs on the teams, but the stars.

Myself, this is the first season of watching and posting on message boards (Espn, Monsters, Here, or Tigers media newspapers or bloggers) that I have gone off and posted #%&##@ in nearly every game. and I don't want to, because, even though I have, when I continue to read it from others here, I wince, and say that "I" got to stop, but they do something awful, and I can't help myself....so with that, to anyone that is offended by my calling out a player/manager/coach with profanity laced posts, I apologize.

Most all of us here are hardcore, passionate, life long Tigers/Lions/RedWings fans.
We watch the games faithfully, and the eye test for this season has become a season of extreme frustration, and the reason(s) for all the angry postings.

I knew this wasn't what they said for the 2008 team, that would score 1000 runs or anywhere near that. and hoped the defense would be at least tolerable. But by any defensive metric, they are the worst or one of the top 3 to 5 worst teams defensively, however you decipher. And that is just a part of it; bases loaded hitting/lack of, scoring in one inning and then nothing, getting shutdown by pitchers who are know as stiffs as pitchers.
Damn near every game at least 1 and more likely 2/3 plus innings that are 4/5 out innings.
As I said earlier here or in another thread, I go to other teams message boards and see the same, not only for the stiffs on the teams, but the stars.

Myself, this is the first season of watching and posting on message boards (Espn, Monsters, Here, or Tigers media newspapers or bloggers) that I have gone off and posted #%&##@ in nearly every game. and I don't want to, because, even though I have, when I continue to read it from others here, I wince, and say that "I" got to stop, but they do something awful, and I can't help myself....so with that, to anyone that is offended by my calling out a player/manager/coach with profanity laced posts, I apologize.

I don't think anyone needs to apologize for calling people out...especially you. You do a lot of good work and are a good contributor to this board. As far as offending someone on this board.....I don't think that should be possible. It is just an internet board.....it's main purpose is for fans to vent and talk about something we are all somewhat passionate about.

I have always thought this team was built for playoffs more than regular season so if we win it all I would not be shocked. Still doesn't change the fact that how they played this season in the regular season drove me crazy and the elements that caused that I would like to see gone. A World Series win may take my eyes off that for a little bit though.

I hear ya KC. This is the first season that my 11 year old step-son has been fully immersed in, and while I've tried my best to counter the overreactions and what-have-you-done-for-me-lately attitude he's already picked up from his friends, this has been a very difficult season for even me to rationalize. I totally agree with Beez' sentiment, but it has taken a lot more work to enjoy this season than it should.

Exactly, it just proves that we're better than the other shit teams in the central. It doesn't mean this team or this manager is any good.

The Tigers have the nucelus of being a so so team...that tells me that Leyland is doing a good job if the team wins the division.

no, it means if he didn't play these Mudhens so often early in the season, we'd be 10 games in 1st.

Most of you completely missed the point...I know Leyland has done stupid things, we're all well aware Raburn sucks, we know Valverde is shaky..but it seems like none of you can stop and enjoy any of the thrill of the race because thats all you focus on. If the Tigers win the WS does it make Raburn suck less? Are you kldding me? Thats exactly what I'm talking about..if they win the World Series what would it matter??? I mention a possibility of wining a World Series and your 1st thought is, "But they did it with Ryan Raburn and he's terrible." Lol Just sit back n enjoy these next couple of weeks if they remain in 1st and make the playoffs. Ride it out, have fun watching and complain when it's over.

Expressing hatred for Leyland and others is fine, but why do it day after day after day after day? Tigers win and nobody posts positive things, they come on and say stuff like they shouldn't even be in this situation, or why was Don Kelly in the line up...

Last edited:
no, it means if he didn't play these Mudhens so often early in the season, we'd be 10 games in 1st.

This team is full of mud hens.....and saying THIS team could be 10 up proves that you have no idea what you are talking about.

This team is full of mud hens.....and saying THIS team could be 10 up proves that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Raburn,Sizemore,Rhymes,Kelly,Worth,Inge= all mudhen material, how many games did we win when you use to see these guys in the lineup on a daily basis?

Most of you completely missed the point...I know Leyland has done stupid things, we're all well aware Raburn sucks, we know Valverde is shaky..but it seems like none of you can stop and enjoy any of the thrill of the race because thats all you focus on. If the Tigers win the WS does it make Raburn suck less? Are you kldding me? Thats exactly what I'm talking about..if they win the World Series what would it matter??? I mention a possibility of wining a World Series and your 1st thought is, "But they did it with Ryan Raburn and he's terrible." Lol Just sit back n enjoy these next couple of weeks if they remain in 1st and make the playoffs. Ride it out, have fun watching and complain when it's over.

Expressing hatred for Leyland and others is fine, but why do it day after day after day after day? Tigers win and nobody posts positive things, they come on and say stuff like they shouldn't even be in this situation, or why was Don Kelly in the line up...

I see the good and the bad, I just might not post about it.

Back