Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

First day of Winter

Three weeks later and the winter that never was continues...
A couple of 3 to 6 inch storms two weeks back never materialized, as well as this weekends forecast of 3 to 6 ....All told, still with a total snowfall amount of barely a foot of snow Oct.1 to Feb.12

Sometimes extremely mild "winters" can lead to cooler and wetter springs...and then miserably hot and humid summers...I sure hope not.

We have had a few days of old man winter returning here in SE MI, but as I now look out of my kitchen window, the strengthening mid-Feb sunshine is now melting some of last Friday night's ~4" snowstorm off the rooftops.

"The warmth underway in Chicago borders on the unreal. Between Wednesday and Sunday, it set new record highs five days in a row, all 80 or higher. Four of Chicago

We had a total of three inches in Lancaster. And the funny thing is the majority of that came on Halloween which, technically speaking, that's fall and not winter. We moved here from Battle Creek when I was three so most of the winters I've seen have been Lancastrian. They have, for the most part, seemed to have gotten slightly warmer through the decades with less snow and more of freezing rain which I hate. But we always got at least two or three "big" storms. I've never seen anything quite like this "winter."

Back