Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FL is literally trying to legislate the protection of their feelings now

Gulo Blue

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2022/148/Analyses/2022s00148.pre.ed.PDF

How did they go from 'fuck your feelings' to this with no self-awareness?

The bill provides a legislative acknowledgment of the fundamental truth that all individuals are equal before the law and have inalienable rights. Accordingly, the bill provides that required instruction and supporting materials must be consistent with the following principles of individual freedom:

... ...

An individual should not be made to feel discomfort, guilt, anguish, or any other form of psychological distress on account of his or her race.

Last edited:
You have to understand it's the same as their complaints about censorship and big tech.

They have no actual problem with big business controlling the public sphere, OR censorship. They just want to be the ones doing the censoring.

Strike the kind of language about how a person claims to be made to feel. I did a quick perusal and that type of language appears more than once.

That's the heart of the document. The whole point is to ban teaching critical race theory.

That's the heart of the document. The whole point is to ban teaching critical race theory.

Yes, that?s the point.

That said as I read it the same sentence about feelings repeated a couple of times is anecdotal. The heart of doc is all races are equal. The heart of the document is the five bullet points on page 9 following the subtitle ?individual freedoms? above the bullet about feelings.

I wonder if all the hoopla about "CRT" (I hate that this was already an acronym for something else) is just the latest kick of a political football, or a reaction to the fact that more scholarship is emerging that's critical of the way Southern or Southern-sympathizing historians largely succeeded in absolving the South for slavery and starting the war, and allowing armed treason against the United States to be "re-branded as "states' rights" (while also not providing an answer to the obvious question begged by that phrase: "The right to do What exactly?")

Reconstruction didn't go far enough. And people are waking up to that, and so now they're pushing back with this bullshit about "CRT" being a threat to freedom.

Here in TX some idiot that got elected to a Houston Metro school board on an anti-CRT Platform is being pressured to resign because at his 1st meeting, he publicly said -unprompted as far as I know - that Houston schools are bad because they have black teachers.

That elected guy don?t sound too good, if he?s saying that.

None of the history books I read were sympathetic to the South. Yes, Southern states claimed states rights but no book was sympathetic to that.

Back