Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football 2023

Spartanmack

71 days from kickoff, Tom Fornelli (whoever that is) has just published his prediction for win totals for each B1G team.

He has the MSU o/u at 4.5 wins. Seems a bit odd though as he picks all the games and has us at 6 & 6 beating CMU, Richmond, IU, MD, RU and Neb and losing to any team with a pulse. Perhaps that's why the vig is so high (-180) on the 4.5.

Other than laying 180 to win 100, normally I'd say 4.5 was pretty juicy. However, unlike a lot of years where you could count on an unexpected win to offset a bad loss (or 2), it's not at all clear this team is capable of beating anyone.

4.5 is an embarrassing but easily defensible line. For me, anything less than 6 wins and no blowout losses other than OSU is unacceptable. Of course, w/ Mel's contract we'll probably have to accept whatever we get. Good job on that one btw, Ishbia

I heard Noah Kim throws a nice ball, and MSU is going to surprise everyone putting low expectations on them.

But I heard that from my friend, who heard it from his 12 year old son who went to an MSU football summer camp. Not sure how Noah Kim's throws will look when he's up against other college athletes.

I heard Noah Kim throws a nice ball, and MSU is going to surprise everyone putting low expectations on them.

But I heard that from my friend, who heard it from his 12 year old son who went to an MSU football summer camp. Not sure how Noah Kim's throws will look when he's up against other college athletes.

Careful, you're 1 "my neighbors gardener" away from plagiarizing Vic

I wish MSU football all possible success, save for one game. How I wish that the rivalry were more fraternal than adversarial. Maybe that's too much to ask.

71 days from kickoff

Why do you guys not have a cool countdown to kickoff thread?

I?m pretty sure 71 could have been Bubba Smith?s number. Seems like as good a place as any to start.

If you want, I could change the thread title to ?Should We Have a Countdown to Kickoff Thread??

Just let me know.

as I'm sure you know, we've had this conversation a few times and we came to the conclusion, based on the evidence from other message boards, that there's no such thing...

as I'm sure you know, we've had this conversation a few times and we came to the conclusion, based on the evidence from other message boards, that there's no such thing...

I think that it's a cool way to illustrate that the upcoming season is dependent on those that preceded it, which is why we on the M board display players from the past.

I?m pretty sure 71 could have been Bubba Smith?s number. Seems like as good a place as any to start.

If you want, I could change the thread title to ?Should We Have a Countdown to Kickoff Thread??

Just let me know.

Bubba was #95 in college. There doesn't seem to be a ready source to research MSU roster histories on the Internet. :hmm:

Last edited:
Back