Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football in LA in 2016?

Didn't they have the LA Raiders at one point already?

No, Los Angeles never had the Raiders, but the Oakland Raiders as a practical joke called themselves the LA Raiders when they played and won the 1984 Super Bowl.

A lot of people fell for it and still believe that it was the Los Angeles Raiders that won the Super Bowl that year, just like a lot of people still think that white guys walked on the moon in the late 60s and through the early 70s.

I personally don't want more teams in California. I rather not it happen but if it does I hope it's Oakland or SD.

Yes well Oakland and San Diego are already in California anyway, so as far as any more teams in California if either of those teams come to Los Angeles I think you're safe.

No, Los Angeles never had the Raiders, but the Oakland Raiders as a practical joke called themselves the LA Raiders when they played and won the 1984 Super Bowl.

A lot of people fell for it and still believe that it was the Los Angeles Raiders that won the Super Bowl that year, just like a lot of people still think that white guys walked on the moon in the late 60s and through the early 70s.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks Neil Armstrong is really black.

The L.A. Waves!

Anyone else watch Ray Donovan?

Didn't they have the LA Raiders at one point already? I personally don't want more teams in California. I rather not it happen but if it does I hope it's Oakland or SD.

Yes from 1982-1994

Last edited:
The now Oaklands Raiders used to play in L.A. at the Colosseum, and moved back to Oakland.

Started in Oaktown, moved to L.A., moved back to Oakland... back to L.A.?

At some point their fans have to say "AH HA! You are not fooling me again!!"

Honestly, LA shouldn't get a team. Fans didn't go to games, so they made the move to St Louis. What makes the NFL think fans will go now?

Honestly, LA shouldn't get a team. Fans didn't go to games, so they made the move to St Louis. What makes the NFL think fans will go now?

The decision to relocate a franchise is made by the franchise owner or owners themselves, based on what they feel is in the best interest of the franchise.

I think a majority of the other franchise owners need to approve the move.

Beyond that I'm pretty sure the NFL has little if not nothing to do with it.

Last edited:
The decision to relocate a franchise is made by the franchise owner or owners themselves, based on what they feel is in the best interest of the franchise.

I think a majority of the other franchise owners need to approve the move.

Beyond that I'm pretty sure the NFL has little if not nothing to do with it.

Nonetheless, I expect if they get a team and it's not a good team, fans won't show up and they'll be gone again.

I did always wonder though if a players decides he want's to live in St. Louis so he signs a big contract and then a year later the team goes to LA. the player should have some recourse.

Nonetheless, I expect if they get a team and it's not a good team, fans won't show up and they'll be gone again.

I did always wonder though if a players decides he want's to live in St. Louis so he signs a big contract and then a year later the team goes to LA. the player should have some recourse.

That is ridiculous. Every NFL player submits to a life of nomadasi during his NFL career. did the Baltimore Colts players get that option when the Colts up and moved to Indy?

Or the Cleveland Browns players when they up and moved to Baltimore?

Or the Los Angeles Rams players when the insane murderer Georgia Frontierre up and took the Rams to St. Louis?

Or anytime any NFL player gets traded from any team to another team?

That is ridiculous. Every NFL player submits to a life of nomadasi during his NFL career. did the Baltimore Colts players get that option when the Colts up and moved to Indy?

Or the Cleveland Browns players when they up and moved to Baltimore?

Or the Los Angeles Rams players when the insane murderer Georgia Frontierre up and took the Rams to St. Louis?

Or anytime any NFL player gets traded from any team to another team?

It's just a curious observation I was trying to make. It means nothing. You can calm yourself.

I'd be more calm if I had a slice of carrot cake.

Not usually a fan of sweets but suddenly hankering for carrot cake.

Not really sure if I wanna walk up and down Ventura Blvd. in Encino/Tarzana trying to find carrot cake.

Especially with Jimmy Fallon having Kate Winslet on the Tonight Show as his guest.

Years and years ago I used to have this bisexual girlfriend. We used to fantasize about having Kate Winslet serving us breakfast in bed.

I'd be more calm if I had a slice of carrot cake.

Not usually a fan of sweets but suddenly hankering for carrot cake.

Not really sure if I wanna walk up and down Ventura Blvd. in Encino/Tarzana trying to find carrot cake.

Especially with Jimmy Fallon having Kate Winslet on the Tonight Show as his guest.

Years and years ago I used to have this bisexual girlfriend. We used to fantasize about having Kate Winslet serving us breakfast in bed.

Ironically enough there is some carrot cake in our fridge at the moment. You could probably get here by 6 if you leave now..

Ironically enough there is some carrot cake in our fridge at the moment. You could probably get here by 6 if you leave now..

I think it is auspicious just like a Vick getting the same seats for the Michigan State game this year as he had three years ago.

You and I will get together to enjoy a ballgame together one day in our lives.

Let's remember the carrot cake when we do.

Damn Kate Winslet has an Emmy a Grammy and the Oscar. All she needs to do is win a Tony and she is the winner of the rare EGOT.

Back