Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

For or against

Jags couldn't sign Avril to a long term deal either plus they have Mincey and drafted Andre Branch. Franchise deadline has passed. No way they do either deal.

Lions with LeShoure for 14 games and Kevin Smith for the majority of 16 should be better at running the football than the 2011 Lions(who had Best for 6 and Kevin Smith healthy for like 2 and LeShoure for none). If they both get hurt early they will be worse, if they both get hurt midseason it will be about the same.

First, Avril would have to be involved so they could fit MJD under the cap. And even though I don't expect Avril back, there's no way in hell Mayhew gives up a 25 year old pass rusher for a running back with bad knees and lots of miles on him. So, Jax would have to throw in a pick or two, and they sure as hell won't do that.

Second, MJD's new contract couldn't be for more than 2 years. The Lions could withstand paying him this year and next IMO, but after that, they probably won't be able to afford a big money running back. Also, MJD will be on his last legs anyways, so he won't be worth the big bucks. MJD's contract pays him over $6 mil each of the next to seasons...if he's unhappy with THAT, I doubt Mayhew will give him a contract he IS happy about.

Its a dream, and I imagine Mayhew at least made an inquiry...but I can't see it happening.

Back