Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

For the love of God...

mgoblue0303

please tell me what I heard today from a co-worker is wrong. He told me that on his lunch break he heard on the radio that the Tigers were considering Laird as the backup to Avila??? Did anyone else hear this?

I know his bat isn't the greatest but he holds runners extremely well.

Off the top of my head he had decent numbers in a strictly backup role before joining the Tigers. I think he'd be very good in a backup role.

I don't understand how so many that wanted him gone 2 years ago, suddenly want him back.

hellifino said:
I don't understand how so many that wanted him gone 2 years ago, suddenly want him back.

I don't want him back but I imagine it's because being a back up is easier to tolerate than being a starter. I wouldn't want Jon Kitna as my QB but I'm glad he's the Cowboys back up.

Laird will be the backup. Good signing. Avila's last backup was Avila!

I just hope people don't bail on Avila next year. I'm expecting a decent drop off from his production. Obviously he could progress with another year under his belt, but I'm expecting a .265-.275 year, and hoping for a .275-.290 year

Back