Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Foster visiting Lions this week.

jdeb

Interesting. If he is healthy, I think he could be a blessing for our run game.

Rather see more riddick and abdullah. We don't have a good enough oline to put a straight ahead back in the back field.

Rather see more riddick and abdullah. We don't have a good enough oline to put a straight ahead back in the back field.

New scheme, upgraded rt and center. Warford healthy and laken more experience. New center too. Yes we do have a good enough line

The only thing he does well anymore is catch the ball out of the backfield. The Lions already have that covered.

Honestly I can't remember seeing any of his games last year. Looking at the stats it definitely was not impressive. While he could offer something we don't currently have, I can't imagine he would come at a price that would be worth the risk.

I would rather use the cap space we have to mitigate the cost of Ziggy in future years. Work out an extension this year.

Arian Foster - RB - Free Agent
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are expected to "at least seriously consider" making free agent Arian Foster a contract offer if he shows well at Monday's tryout.
Beat writer Barry Jackson does allow "it's hardly assured that they would." The Dolphins should know that Foster's free agent market isn't exactly hot, and they may start out with a minimum salary offer including some incentives. If Foster's Lions tryout is to go down, he could conceivably try to create a small bidding war between the two teams. Foster tore his Achilles' tendon last Week 7 and is nine months removed from the injury. He turns 30 in August.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Miami Herald Jul 17 - 10:16 PM

Good deal. I didnt see him beating out any of the younger guys anyway.

Arian Foster - RB - Free Agent
The Miami Herald reports the Dolphins are expected to "at least seriously consider" making free agent Arian Foster a contract offer if he shows well at Monday's tryout.
Beat writer Barry Jackson does allow "it's hardly assured that they would." The Dolphins should know that Foster's free agent market isn't exactly hot, and they may start out with a minimum salary offer including some incentives. If Foster's Lions tryout is to go down, he could conceivably try to create a small bidding war between the two teams. Foster tore his Achilles' tendon last Week 7 and is nine months removed from the injury. He turns 30 in August.
Related: Dolphins
Source: Miami Herald Jul 17 - 10:16 PM

A small bidding wall? No thanks.

I didn't like his run style even when he was healthy. Toss in he's 30+ coming off a knee injury. Peace.

The guy is done....glad we didn't go after him actually. He's nothing but name recognition anyways.

Not going to miss him, but at less than a million change in our cap, it wouldn't of been that big of a deal to sign him.

Back