Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Fox News Commenters LOLs

Less war =|= no war.

Yeah, they made that clarification.

"The one thing that Dawkins had basically asserted in his book was if we got rid of religion, the world would be peaceful and there'd be no war and there'd be no..."

"Not as much war."

"Not as much war."

"The one thing that Dawkins had basically asserted in his book was if we got rid of religion, the world would be peaceful and there'd be no war and there'd be no..."

"Not as much war."

"Not as much war."

We're not going to "get rid" of religion, regardless of what John Lennon's wildest imaginations may have been.

Not as long as Dave Brandon is around to brand it...err...wrong religion.

Ha.

I've posted on threads that my high school stages in Michigan Stadium for our Crisler Arena (I guess it's the Crisler Center or something now) for our commencements.

I was going to try to work in a joke in the vein of your post on the Scalia Sucks thread, but I couldn't come up with one that was good.

Ha.

I've posted on threads that my high school stages in Michigan Stadium for our Crisler Arena (I guess it's the Crisler Center or something now) for our commencements.

I was going to try to work in a joke in the vein of your post on the Scalia Sucks thread, but I couldn't come up with one that was good.

But Tinsel...how would that have been different than any of your other jokes?

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR!!!!

There; I beat whoever was going to post this to the draw.

Imagine there're no Buckeyes.
It's easy if you try.
No Columbus below us.
Above us only sky.
Imagine all the people, wearing Maize & Blue...

Imagine there no Tressel.
It isn't hard to do.
No golden pants for money,
No need for a tattoo.
Imagine all the people, focused on THE TEAM...

You-ooh-o-o-ooh. You may Ha-a-a-ail to the Victors.

(maybe I missed Lennon's point, but it sounds good to me.)

"Not as much war."

"Not as much war."

I'm confused. Did Dawkins say no war, or not as much war?

If he said the latter, their satire was off. Of course, it's not really possible to test his hypothesis, but it seems reasonable... certainly not deserving of being roasted by a two-part episode.

If it was the former, I'm surprised; I wouldn't agree with him there, and feel the satire would be warranted.

I got the sense while watching it they figured since they had poked fun of all religions, these atheists deserved to be next, as The God Delusion & Hitchen's as a speaker were popular right then. They picked on the highest profile guy at the time (Dawkins, although I think Hitchens or that creep Sam Harris are more deserving targets), but realized "Oh... maybe he's not that bad" after reading his book, and downplayed his involvement in the 2nd episode, which was... convoluted from what I remember.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm confused. Did Dawkins say no war, or not as much war?

If he said the latter, their satire was off. Of course, it's not really possible to test his hypothesis, but it seems reasonable... certainly not deserving of being roasted by a two-part episode.

If it was the former, I'm surprised; I wouldn't agree with him there, and feel the satire would be warranted.

I got the sense while watching it they figured since they had poked fun of all religions, these atheists deserved to be next, as The God Delusion & Hitchen's as a speaker were popular right then. They picked on the highest profile guy at the time (Dawkins, although I think Hitchens or that creep Sam Harris are more deserving targets), but realized "Oh... maybe he's not that bad" after reading his book, and downplayed his involvement in the 2nd episode, which was... convoluted from what I remember.

The South Park guys said they read Dawkins and he said "not as much war". If you listen to the interview, their motivation stemmed from people assuming they were atheist. They claim there were lots of things they wanted to say about Dawkin's book, but it wasn't funny, so they stuck to one point on atheism and made the rest of it about the Wii.

Imagine there're no Buckeyes.
It's easy if you try.
No Columbus below us.
Above us only sky.
Imagine all the people, wearing Maize & Blue...

Imagine there no Tressel.
It isn't hard to do.
No golden pants for money,
No need for a tattoo.
Imagine all the people, focused on THE TEAM...

You-ooh-o-o-ooh. You may Ha-a-a-ail to the Victors.

O$U is over, if you want it,

O$U is over if you want it,

O$U is over, nah, ah, ah, ow.

Last edited:
The South Park guys said they read Dawkins and he said "not as much war". If you listen to the interview, their motivation stemmed from people assuming they were atheist. They claim there were lots of things they wanted to say about Dawkin's book, but it wasn't funny, so they stuck to one point on atheism and made the rest of it about the Wii.

so... they whiffed on this one.

Got it.

i'ma bust a cap in yo ass.

Sheldon-peace-out.gif

Back