Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Franco Harris Steelers RB dies at 72 RIP

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Rip.
Btw I didn?t know this but heard on the radio that that I immaculate reception was Terry?s first ever td pass in the playoffs.

Last edited:
For how much we say the steelers do right. What a huge miss to not retire this guys number sooner. He was scheduled to have his number retired next week. Pitts robbed him of that opportunity. Dude went into the HOF in 1990...wtf were you waiting for?

For how much we say the steelers do right. What a huge miss to not retire this guys number sooner. He was scheduled to have his number retired next week. Pitts robbed him of that opportunity. Dude went into the HOF in 1990...wtf were you waiting for?

I guess, turns out, they were waiting for him to die.

Rest in peace. I was a huge fan of the Steelers in the 70's and Franco was just awesome.

I don't think they knew he was going to die a few days before this weekend.

I don't think they knew he was going to die a few days before this weekend.

Imagine the dilemma if they knew he might die when he did, but weren?t sure.

?We could move it to sooner to be sure Franco won?t be dead yet?but what if he doesn?t die? That would fuck up the whole ?50th Anniversary? event promotion thing.?

I'm convinced that a Raiders favorable bounce would have ended the Dolphins' season the next week. Or if the officials had seen that Franco picked the ball off the Three-Rivers' artificial turf.

EDIT: I recall watching this odd play on our Zenith 21" Color TV in our TV room.

Last edited:
Back