Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Free Agent$

beez

Percy Harvin and Greg Jennings have publicly stated they're looking for $12 mil a year making them the 3rd highest paid wr in the league behind Calvin and Fitz... Avril wants Mario Williams money..this shit is crazy. I hope they don't get it..

EDIT: Jennings wants 14 million.

Last edited:
Just takes one team to overpay. Happens every year.

Just takes one team to overpay. Happens every year.

Yup..just hope they don't overpay by THAT much. Can only imagine what Dez Bryant is gonna want if these guys have 14 million dollar contracts.

Yup..just hope they don't overpay by THAT much. Can only imagine what Dez Bryant is gonna want if these guys have 14 million dollar contracts.

Dez is such a dumbass. I wouldn't want him on my team.

Harvin can't stay healthy for 16 games and Jennings was an after thought as Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb made Green Bay forget about him quick.

I have no comment on Avril. :lmao:

Honestly, let teams overpay. It hurts them, not the Lions. They aren't players I want with the Lions anyways.

Last edited:
It might only take one team but I don't see them getting it unless a team needs to get to the minimum.

It might only take one team but I don't see them getting it unless a team needs to get to the minimum.

I hadn't really thought about that. Not sure if any teams are in danger of that this season. There's usually 1 or 2.

Harvin can't stay healthy for 16 games and Jennings was an after thought as Jordy Nelson/Randall Cobb made Green Bay forget about him quick.

I have no comment on Avril. :lmao:

Honestly, let teams overpay. It hurts them, not the Lions. They aren't players I want with the Lions anyways.

You don't think Nelson and Cobb were getting more looks because of Jennings getting bracket covered and being the focal point of a defense.

You don't think Nelson and Cobb were getting more looks because of Jennings getting bracket covered and being the focal point of a defense.

He missed almost half of the regular season and they didn't miss a beat. In the games he did have, he had 1 big game all season. Uno.

Calvin gets the same coverage, maybe worse. When you're asking for 12-14 million a season, that excuse doesn't cut it.

Last edited:
I hadn't really thought about that. Not sure if any teams are in danger of that this season. There's usually 1 or 2.

I heard some time ago there were a couple teams close to 50m under, one being Cleveland though I could be wrong on that.

Cleveland is almost always under the salary cap because they sign aging veterans for the cheap while mostly depending on their draft picks.

I don't remember the exact number but I know the new CBA raised the cap floor quite a bit.

And from what I hear teams gotta spend money and use up their salary cap space according to the cba

They don't have to spend, not yet atleast. The "salary cap floor" doesn't work like the other cap which looks at 1 year. The floor looks at a time period, 4 years (13-16). over that time they have to spend 89%. So they could be under this year and make up the difference.

Last edited:
Back