Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 1: Jets @ Lions *Monday Night* Thread

grandy

New York Jets (0-0) @ Detroit Lions (0-0)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Gang Green Nation

Injury Report
Link (from Friday)

Lions
DT Ricky Jean Francois (illness) - No practice
OL Andrew Donnal (knee) - Limited practice

Jets
LB Josh Martin (concussion) - No practice
S Marcus Maye (foot) - No practice
WR Jermaine Kearse (abdomen) - Limited practice
LB Jeremiah Attaochu (calf) - Limited practice
LB Avery Williamson (hamstring) - Limited practice
T Kelvin Beachum (foot) - Full practice
WR Quincy Enunwa (thumb) - Full practice
C Spencer Long (knee) - Full practice
DL Steve McLendon (knee) - Full practice
WR Terrelle Pryor (ankle) - Full practice
CB Buster Skrine (hand) - Full practice
G Brian Winters (back) - Full practice

Series History
Link
The Lions are 7-6 against the Jets
Last Game: 9/28/2014, Lions 24 Jets 17
Last Loss: 11/7/2010, Jets 23 Lions 20
Last Win in Detroit: 12/21/1997, Lions 13 Jets 10
Recent Games: The Jets have won 3 of the last 4 meetings

We absolutely have to win this game. Monday night home opener against a supposed bad/mediocre team with a rookie QB making his first ever start. If our defense somehow gets picked apart I think it's safe to say it's going to be an extremely long season.

I have no doubt the Lions will win this one, but I have a feeling the score will be something like 6-3 at the end of the first half.

It's a bad sign if we lose. Rookie qb. Patricia has coached against them for years. Etc etc. Our run D has me worried.

Last edited:
I think we win in a shootout.....34-30. I don’t see us stopping anyone very well this year.....even a rookie QB with questionable offensive talent around him.

I hope I’m wrong.

I thought of picking up Terrell Pryor as a long-shot for fantasy football. He was bad last year but I have a feeling he may turn it around.

Just read Abdullah and Robinson are inactive tonight. I’m happy Abdullah is out, they need to feed Johnson the ball 20+ times this game. However, I’m surprised Robinson is inactive. It’s shocking how far he’s fallen on the teams depth chart...

I think we win in a shootout.....34-30. I don?t see us stopping anyone very well this year.....even a rookie QB with questionable offensive talent around him.

I hope I?m wrong.

Good lord I hope you?re wrong too. If the youngest QB to start a game in over 40 years can put up 30+ points against a team with a HC who is allegedly a Defensive Genius, well then we are in for a very very long season.

Good lord I hope you?re wrong too. If the youngest QB to start a game in over 40 years can put up 30+ points against a team with a HC who is allegedly a Defensive Genius, well then we are in for a very very long season.

Patricia?s defenses are notoriously bad in the first quarter of the season. Look at New England last year.

Back