Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 10: Lions @ Panthers Thread

Maybe I'm being a little generous with my choice of adjective. I have almost always described him as above average or good...most of the time I say above average.

As far as the yearly rankings, he has been pretty consistent. There are always some anomalies every year...a guy that has a career year that we all know isn't very good.

I prefer to put them in tiers.

Tier 1
Mahomes
AR
Wilson
Ben
Brees

Tier 2
Jackson
Watson
Prescott
Tannehill
Stafford
Brady
Murray
Rivers

Tier 3
Carr
Herbert
Ryan
Cousins
Goff
Wentz (falling)
Dalton
Smith
Winston (Falling)
Newton (falling)
Burrows (too early, but looks good)

I honestly think Stafford is towards the top of tier 2. Many are interchangeable. I would put Burrows and Herbert in that tier but they are so unproven that you never know (see Lamar Jackson)

Is he top 9...no. Is he in the top 10-15 most years, I would say yes. I would describe that as above average or good...depending on what descriptive word you like better.

List is pretty good. Brady no longer belongs in Tier 1. No way.

Lamar Jackson should be at the top of Tier 2, IMO. Stafford should be near the bottom of Tier 2.....again....IMO.

Last edited:
List is pretty good. Brady no longer belongs in Tier 1. No way.

Lamar Jackson should be at the top of Tier 2, IMO. Stafford should be near the bottom of Tier 2.....again....IMO.

I know you guys love QB rating. Staffords is higher than Lamar. However Lamar has the running

I think you guys just want a really mobile QB because you think it will fix our blocking issues

Maybe I'm being a little generous with my choice of adjective. I have almost always described him as above average or good...most of the time I say above average.

As far as the yearly rankings, he has been pretty consistent. There are always some anomalies every year...a guy that has a career year that we all know isn't very good.

Tier 1
Mahomes
AR
Wilson
Ben
Brady
Brees

Tier 2
Watson
Prescott
Rivers

Tier 3
Ryan
Cousins
Jackson
Stafford
Goff
Carr
Tannehill
Wentz (falling)
Dalton
Smith
Winston (Falling)
Newton (falling)

I honestly think Stafford is towards the top of tier 2. Many are interchangeable. I would put Burrows and Herbert in that tier but they are so unproven that you never know (see Lamar Jackson)

Is he top 9...no. Is he in the top 10-15 most years, I would say yes. I would describe that as above average or good...depending on what descriptive word you like better.

What about Murray and Herbert?

Tier 1
Mahomes
AR
Wilson
Ben
Brady
Brees

Tier 2
Watson
Prescott
Rivers

Tier 3
Ryan
Cousins
Jackson
Stafford
Goff
Carr
Tannehill
Wentz (falling)
Dalton
Smith
Winston (Falling)
Newton (falling)

He has been consistent I'll give you that, consistently average :) That's a big Tier 3. But the stats say other wise in regards to 10-15 most years. But like I said previously 15 is average. There's only 32 teams.

I remember when you used to say though he was above average. Above average is C+ good is a B. And some of those years were a C-/D+. I think he gets looked at highly at times by the fans because he's better than his predecessors. Its like how we look fondly on Caldwell now compared to Patrica. Context say Caldwell was a great HC though in reality he wasn't. And like Caldwell its time to move on.

Because it worked so well the last time but idk sounds good to me willing to see anything better than this Quinn Patricia joke

https://www.si.com/nfl/lions/news/matt-dery-says-lions-need-to-hire-louis-riddick

Here I thought that Dery would recommend an actual bold solution and recommend the Ford family sell the franchise. The same ownership has been using and discarding GMs and coaches like dental floss for 57 seasons now. No Lions? coach who has left the team has ever had another head coaching job (McCafferty being excepted as an example), no championships, one playoff win, a legacy of ineptitude...

Hou and Chi are 50/50 toss up games ...if we play good football. After that we go 0-4 to end the season. We're going to win 5 or 6 games this year and more than likely pick in the top 10. Which elite QB have you ever known leads a team that picks consistently in the top 10?

None. Stafford sucks.

I'd love for him to get the fuck out of here. He will win some meaningful games, I don't doubt that one bit. It will take an Aaron Rodgers type talent to win a playoff game in this shithole

Last edited:
I'd love for him to get the fuck out of here. He will win some meaningful games, I don't doubt that one bit. It will take an Aaron Rodgers type talent to win a playoff game in this shithole

Raperfurburger misses all of '19, their stud RB holds out & gets traded, yet finish 8-8 and are now undefeated so far @ 10-0.

Stafford injured misses ~3/4 of '19, the Lions LOSE every game afterward, finish 3-12-1 and are now 4-6.

For a smaller city Pittsburgh has had as much or much more success with their pro-sports franchises than Detroit has...and esp their NFL Steelers, who rarely are bad than for more than a couple of seasons in a row.

Last edited:
Raperfurburger misses all of '19, their stud RB holds out & gets traded, yet finish 8-8 and are now undefeated so far @ 10-0.

Stafford injured misses ~3/4 of '19, the Lions LOSE every game afterward, finish 3-12-1 and are now 4-6.

For a smaller city Pittsburgh has had as much or much more success with their pro-sports franchises than Detroit has...and esp their NFL Steelers, who rarely are bad than for more than a couple of seasons in a row.

That show the difference between the Rooneys and Fords. Rooneys have run a great organizationand are dedicated to winning. Fords are collecting cash from the fans and don't care about wins.

Back