Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 11: Texans @ Lions *Thanksgiving* Thread

If players who did bad under patricia, start to play well, it can be coaching. More individual than team..there is 30 percent turnover most years. Lions changed a ton coming into this season. Hand, Walker, Okudah, Harris, Tavai specifically is where to look for any coaching improvement Oline could remain similar so will see if that improves with new coaching and new oc

Another gm picking stafford over the rookie or fa crop shows he is good player. Everyone knows stafford is good

But who do you guys blame..is it more on the coaches or do you blame the players

Stafford is a known. He is above average to good. I have said that all along. A GM may want to keep Stafford to make the fans feel that it isn't a true re-build (which is probably a mistake, because they need to gut this team). He may keep Stafford and draft a QB to replace him in 2022.

My scenario is keep stafford. Then dont draft a qb. Then the new gm would be saying he is still a franchise qb you build around. And that would be 3rd gm to do so

But i cant see any qb in this draft beating him out in 2022 either. Would trade him first

Last edited:
My scenario is keep stafford. Then dont draft a qb. Then the new gm would be saying he is still a franchise qb you build around. And that would be 3rd gm to do so

But i cant see any qb in this draft beating him out in 2022 either. Would trade him first

For sure trade him.

I doubt the drop off would be very significant between any of the top QBs that "hit" and Matt. The difference between Matt, Burrow and Herbert is not very significant. However, with the draft capitol they would get for trading Matt, along with the fact that they would have a cheap QB for the next 4-5 years, the Lions could re-build. If they miss on a QB, then the re-build just takes longer, or doesn't happen.

I guess I shouldn't be using the term "re-build", I should call it a "build" since a re-build implies that at some point in time they had a good team.

If they were to keep Matt they would have to have 2 SPETACULAR drafts in a row and hit a HR on every single FA signing. When I say spectacular, I mean 4-5 impact players in each draft. 8-10 high end starters in 2 drafts. That scenario doesn't happen very often

Big Ben retires after the season, lions trade Matt to Pittsburg, Matt has zero animosity and the Bobby layne curse is finally released

3 dline due to depth but Flowers and Hand are good starters, 3 lbs, 2 safeties. Especially with scheme change and fas. Collins contract ugly, could still fit maybe

Flowers, Hand can produce
Okudah, AO and Coleman need a pass rush

Oline need a RT or a RG. Decker, Ragnow and Jackson set..Big V sticks due to contract. Crosby baxk to depth

3 wrs depending on golladay

Powerback too to pair with Swift. Fullback

Julian Okwara only wildcard. Could he play 4 3 de or do we go full 3 4

Last edited:
Also seems it is fau paux to fire coach holiday weekend
.mooch got fired on monday after thanksgiving

Big Ben retires after the season, lions trade Matt to Pittsburg, Matt has zero animosity and the Bobby layne curse is finally released
And Pittsburgh wins 5 game next season. Don't forget that.

Cap cuts. Trufant, Jesse James, Nick Williams, Shelton Christian Jones

Frees up 19 million

And Pittsburgh wins 5 game next season. Don't forget that.

Steelers lead the league in turnovers forced. Will that continue. Knowing staffords luck they will probably drop to worst in league

Conner, left and right tackle and Ju Ju Smith Schuster are all fas. And bud dupree. Steelers are 20 over the cap. But get 19 in space back if big ben retires

This year is it for them for sb run

Throw in no 1st rounder to get Stafford

Team wouldnt be the same for sure. But of course you would expect the same team and ignore all those other things i mentioned above

Do we have a QB controversy? Because that Jamal Agnew throw was the best of the day. Best all year maybe.

Does it really matter if we get 6 wins with Matty boy or 3 wins with a rookie. Though with the 3 wins we get a better draft option.

Back