Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 124: Tigers @ Rays

spockmaster

Tigers:
Kinsler, 2B - because ausmus is a moron
Hunter, RF
Miggy, 1B
VMart, DH
JDMart, LF
Castellanos, 3B
Avila, C
Romine, SS
Davis, CF

Porcello, P

Rays:
Jennings, CF
#ZORBIST, 2B
Joyce, LF
Longo, 3B
Loney, 1B
Myers, DH
Escobar, SS
Casali, C
Kiermaier, RF

Odoreater, P

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2014_08_20_detmlb_tbamlb_1&mode=classic

Go get 'em, boys. Learn a lesson from last night and work some fucking counts.

I Like the line next to Kinsler.... To bad we could not get guys on base in from of our
3 and 4 hitters....:/

Even though Miggy is slow, he shows that high baseball IQ of his in the angles he takes as he turns the bases...

I agree once the RF bobbled the ball I thought Miggy could make it.. Hope he is ok...

I Like the line next to Kinsler.... To bad we could not get guys on base in from of our
3 and 4 hitters....:/
We had 8 men on in front of them last night(Kinsler 3 times). They stranded 6 of them(VMart-5 Miggy-1)

I am not sure why Brad us so stubborn about batting Kinsler leadoff...

We had 8 men on in front of them last night(Kinsler 3 times). They stranded 6 of them(VMart-5 Miggy-1)

Mostly VM....Last nght

Miggy did his job.... Not sure why you always have to attack my threads but I am just curious you have seen Kinsler's second half stats...

Cause I can repost them if you want me to...

But neither Kinsler or Hunter did their jobs in the first inning.. Or did I miss a hit from either :/

Last edited:
I just don't think Kinsler or Hunter should be batting first or second...

Kinsler .316 Obp
Hunter .308 OBp..

JUST MY OPINOIN...

Mostly VM....Last nght

Miggy did his job.... Not sure why you always have to attack my threads but I am just curious you have seen Kinsler's second half stats...

Cause I can repost them if you want me to...

But neither Kinsler or Hunter did their jobs in the first inning.. Or did I miss a hit from either :/

Why do you get so defensive? It's my right to comment if I don't agree with something. Just as it's your right to complain about the players before the game even starts.

Probably because he has excellent numbers batting in the 1 spot this year.

Well we can only hope he can hit those numbers again the rest of the season cause he has had a horrible last 30 games ...His last seven and 14 are games even worse...

Yup, it kinda figures the one night Kinsler and Hunter decide they wanna get on base, VMart has a bad night. Tigers gonna Tigers.

stop attacking me wahhhhh.....lmao putting Kinsler 1st in the lineup could be the little shakeup he needs and hes has much better success there . Of course you dont understand why brad does this , because you are clueless . oops there i go again , sorry johnny sensitive

Last edited:
Kinsler in the leadoff spot this year

.324 .356 .493 .849

Wow.

He is clearly a better batter based on the numerical order he bats in. Nothing to do at all with his overall talent level or anything, we should only bat him leadoff then he will always succeed!

/sarcasm

Come on man, you're smarter than this.

Wow.

He is clearly a better batter based on the numerical order he bats in. Nothing to do at all with his overall talent level or anything, we should only bat him leadoff then he will always succeed!

/sarcasm

Jackson had alot better success once he was moved back to the leadoff spot ....so much so that people were actually complaining that we gave up that scrub , and called him one of our better hitters .

Some hitters are just more comfortable in certain spots for some odd reason ....but then again look who im trying to explain this to

Yup, it kinda figures the one night Kinsler and Hunter decide they wanna get on base, VMart has a bad night. Tigers gonna Tigers.
That seems to be the story of this season. We never seem to have everything working together.

Wow.

/sarcasm

Hey, numbers never lie.....right?

/also sarcasm

Hey, numbers never lie.....right?

/also sarcasm

But figure that when he got the bulk of his leadoff stats, he was red hot. He cooled considerably since then. So the numbers are less about where he bats in the order and more about when.

Back