Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 156 Tigers vs. White Sux Sept. 22, 2014

Thumb

Tigers lineup:

2B Ian Kinsler (R)
RF Torii Hunter (R)
1B Miguel Cabrera (R)
DH Victor Martinez (S)
LF J.D. Martinez (R)
3B N. Castellanos (R)
C Alex Avila (L) *** Alex is back!
SS Andrew Romine (S)
CF E. Carrera (L) *** so is Ezekial..Booo

SP: Kyle Lobstein (L) (1-0, 3.58)

White Sux lineup:

SS Alexei Ramirez (R)
3B Marcus Semien (R)
1B Jose Abreu (R)
RF Avisail Garcia (R)
LF Dayan Viciedo (R)
DH Paul Konerko (R)
2B Carlos Sanchez (S)
C Tyler Flowers (R)
CF Moises Sierra (R)

SP: Chris Bassitt (R) (0-1, 5.29)

MLB GameDay
ESPN Preview
Lobstein vs. Sux No Data
Tigers vs. Bassitt Uselessly small samples, dominated by Don freakin Kelly and E. Carerra

Well Tribe held on 4-3 and won the suspended game even with call up rules and a dumb pitcher....So Tigers need to take care of business...

Carrera misplays a crucial fly ball last week... strikes out on 3 pitches in his only PA last night.. What the hell, let's give him a start in one of the most important games of the year. Ausmus is going full retard.

It's also depressing that every division leader has clinched playoff berth except for us :\

Well I liked the call-up of EC at the time and thought due to his nice season at Toledo he could help.. But I have seen the light and he is only a pinch runner for me...
If Brad wants to start a lefty why not use Collins... I guess he cant play center?

It's also depressing that every division leader has clinched playoff berth except for us :\

We should have too...

Funny I bet when when we up 8.5 games twice I bet you could find people
to bet that Detroit would have clinched first :/

Last edited:
Well I liked the call-up of EC at the time and thought due to his nice season at Toledo he could help.. But I have seen the light and he is only a pinch runner for me...
If Brad wants to start a lefty why not use Collins... I guess he cant play center?

Collins can play CF. He's played it for us before. Ausmus is just retarded.

If that is the case... Collins should be in over EC..
Hopefully EC can deliver some hits and runs...
Gotta root for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If that is the case... Collins should be in over EC..
Hopefully EC can deliver some hits and runs...
Gotta root for him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I root against Ausmus thinking he can play scrubs in big spots. His stupidity is going to kill us if/when we get to postseason.

Maybe that's what we need though, to have to keep fighting the whole time right up and through the playoffs like in 2006.

No time to relax and get complacent, know what I mean?

Carrera misplays a crucial fly ball last week... strikes out on 3 pitches in his only PA last night.. What the hell, let's give him a start in one of the most important games of the year. Ausmus is going full retard.

I'm kinda in agreement here, Carrera getting a start in CF over Davis..

picard_rikerWTF.jpg

Tigers took forever to publish their lineup too, could be either debating playing Avila, or making Collins and Carerra play rock, paper, scissors to see who would start.

Collins should be in over EC.... That pinch hit single verses Shields was money...He deserves a start over EC and his gaffy leaps...!!!!!

Maybe that's what we need though, to have to keep fighting the whole time right up and through the playoffs like in 2006.

I agree with this as well, being the last div to have a clincher doesn't bother me, might be just what the team needs

As long as the complacency doesn't show up in the postseason, I'm good with any way we get in.

Back