Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16 Detroit Tigers vs. Texas Rangers 6:40 pm EST 4/15 TAX DAY

byco42

ESPN Gamecast
Freep Watch
BR Preview

Detroit Tigers (9-6) Last 10 (4-6) W1
Reese Olson W-L 0-1 ERA 5.40 WHIP 1.70

Confirmed Lineup
  1. LF Riley Greene L
  2. RF Mark Canha R
  3. 1B Spencer Torkelson R
  4. DH Kerry Carpenter L
  5. CF Matt Vierling R
  6. 2B Colt Keith L
  7. 3B Gio Urshela R
  8. SS Javier Baez R
  9. C Carson Kelly R

Texas Rangers (8-8) Last 10 (4-6) L2
Michael Lorenzen R 0-0 .00 ERA (Back from 15-day DL)

Confirmed Lineup
  1. 2B Marcus Semien R
  2. DH Travis Jankowski L
  3. LF Evan Carter L
  4. RF Adolis Garcia R
  5. SS Josh Smith L
  6. 3B Ezequiel Duran R
  7. C Jonah Heim S
  8. 1B Jared Walsh L
  9. CF Leody Taveras S
Rain 0% 68° Wind 8 mph R-L
LINE TEX -122 O/U 9.0 Runs

Rangers - Tigers Player

Last edited:
FanGraphs Power Rankings: April 8–14.
Fangraphs

Motor City Metrics Tigers Podcast: Detroit Tigers Split with Twins Recap. 40 minutes.
The guys recap the Detroit Tigers weekend series with the Twins, Javier Baez's comments to the media afterward and preview the series with the Texas Rangers.

The Tigers have announced the following roster move:*Claimed RHP Ty Adcock off waivers from Seattle and optioned him to Triple A Toledo.*The Tigers 40-man roster is now at 40.
27 year old right-handed reliever with a 96-97 mph fastball and a slider that he looks to use pretty equally. You won't be surprised to know that command is a problem...

No Parker Meadows today vs. RHP Michael Lorenzen. Vierling in CF instead.

'Days of Roar' Tigers Podcast: Detroit Tigers general manager Jeff Greenberg joins the show. 62 minutes.
On this episode: The continuing offensive problems hounding the Detroit Tigers are directly at the center of Mark and Evan's minds. In this week's pod, the guys consider if the lackluster batting is the type of hitting we'll see all season long. They also zoom in on the struggles of Parker Meadows, Spencer Torkelson, and Matt Manning's pitching limbo situation. After the break, Evan welcomes Detroit Tigers General Manager Jeff Greenberg onto the podcast. Tune in to Evan's interview to learn insights into Greenberg's background, what kind of foundation is being built for the team, and the front office's perspective on the hitting issue.

I know bunts are not used anymore but it seems it sacrifice would be better then a strikeout from Kelly ? With runners on 1st and 2nd and no outs. I guess I would use it once in a while.

Greene takes a tough 2-2 pitch then walks bases loaded on next pitch.

Mark Cahna has an another bad at bat with bases loaded. Come on damn it get it in the air. So frustrating. Another double play from him. Mark joins other Tiger batters below the Mendoza line. I thought he was a patient Hitter ?

Last edited:
Great next time up Mark gets a double. Frustrating. Man he has 2 hits tonight too.
Man so unlucky.

Last edited:
3-2 count to Perez and he does not even swing. Fooled and he K’s . Tigers more LoB’s (8) so far tonight. Man this team just can’t hit. Not sure how you just sit on a pitch ?
Don’t you have to protect ? He was obviously sitting fastball. Change up fooled him.

Last edited:
Tigers get great pitching again and just can’t hit. Lose freaking 1-0. The bases loaded at bat by Mark was the best chance to get runs with 1 out, and that frraking idiot went 2-4 I think. They said he had 2 hits in the broadcast. Just not with men on. So far every time I see Mark with guys on base he bounces into a dp. Very frustrating.

Last edited:
Boxscore.

Rangers 1 - Tigers 0: Tigers Threaten But Do Not Win.
Despite more baserunners from the bats and strikeouts from the pitching, Detroit could not strike against the Rangers in game one.
BYBTB

Tigers manage just five hits in 1-0 loss to Rangers.
Detnew

Detroit Tigers waste every opportunity to score in 1-0 loss to Texas Rangers.
Freep

They only have 1 bad deal now . The JB deal. Payroll is pathetic on this team. Team payroll is 22nd in mlb. Just flat out pathetic when you have one of the richest owner in baseball who seems not to give a shit.

Tigers have one of the lowest payrolls and a top 10 owner with money. What is sad is this park would be filled if they played winning baseball in the summer. Chris’s father tried to win world series but sadly didn’t. I wish he cared as much as his Dad. This team is really hard to watch so far. I like pitching duels too. But every game it feels like we are already playing catch-up with the other team. Olson pitched so good tonight and lost 1-0. Man this hitting is so bad.

JB contract isn't even all that bad. 25m is not much these days and with the low payroll 25m isn't even felt.

Except for a couple of starters, some real shit ass starting pitchers are taking it to this team of hitless wonders.

fuck this team. I've seen enough of them.

Get rid of the hitting coaches,

With the collusion (My Opinion) of the owners against players with Boras, by not signing players for long high cost contracts, and seeing how many of them settled for and got 1/2/3 years tops instead of 6 to 10 years and a lot less money per year, Harris and Ilitch could have, should have signed a couple of position players who would have helped make this a passable offense. instead we got shit. How is not blocking a young player working out for them?

I would say fire Harris too, But he is just a puppet.

The real problem is the owner who has played this out like the old man did for years right after he bought the team. I wish Ilitch would sell the Tigers. Remember when the old man, all he did was spend on the Red Wings?

Lastly, the reason Tiger Stadium was demolished was old man Ilitch not wanting any reminder of the place with his new toy Comerica Park to open, and the Curse of then Tigers for demolishing Tiger Stadium.

First. you cannot fire the puppet, as the master is in charge.
Second I FOR ONE DO NOT WANT TO PLAY Boras game. So unless tork starts hitting like a 1st baseman. Time to start looking!
Third keeping the payroll down is not a bad idea as it allows to make moves at the trade deadline. easier
Fourth the young players need time to grow.
5 just imo

I'm not sure which offensive players would have been good adds. You guys that wanted them to add offense, any names that come to mind?

Back