Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 2: Lions @ Panthers Thread

Go ahead and be critical of Stafford!! lol. He didn't have a great game, but he wasn't the reason why we lost. He led this team to a possible 16-20 points and all we had to show for it was fumbles, missed FGS and dropped TDS. We score those points and it's a whole new ballgame. So sick of the Stafford bashing when it's not his fault....it's so fucking annoying.

16-20 possible points is not enough. Even if we score 100% of the potential points we still lose.
Others are going to make mistakes too, so as the high priced QB you have to makeup for others. What about all the drives he led us to nothing? What about the under throw to Calvin that lead to an interception.

Simple question. Is Staffords productions worth his contract?

Watch other games, watch elite QBs. A QBs job is not to get the ball kind of close, it's to make the plays. Watch Rodgers, he makes throws into players that peoe would bitch aren't possible because they aren't open.

Stafford needs to prove it for the entire season, he's got a ridiculous amount of talent around him, more than pretty much eh very other QB.

If he can't be elite, he needs to become a game manager. What he is doing now is not helping. 16 potential points not enough.

remember Hansson WAS playing like this his first few games, and i bet that there were some from this board that were calling for his head and Fontes. Hughes comes to mind.

yes the board didn't exist then but u get the point

Thats 2 posts overnight where you keep talking about me. My god you are obsessed. Someone ban alex for internet stalking. Such a fag...

And no...when Hanson was in his 3rd year and I was like 8....I was not calling for his head. Fucking fag...

Last edited:
16-20 possible points is not enough. Even if we score 100% of the potential points we still lose.
Others are going to make mistakes too, so as the high priced QB you have to makeup for others. What about all the drives he led us to nothing? What about the under throw to Calvin that lead to an interception.

Simple question. Is Staffords productions worth his contract?

Watch other games, watch elite QBs. A QBs job is not to get the ball kind of close, it's to make the plays. Watch Rodgers, he makes throws into players that peoe would bitch aren't possible because they aren't open.

Stafford needs to prove it for the entire season, he's got a ridiculous amount of talent around him, more than pretty much eh very other QB.

If he can't be elite, he needs to become a game manager. What he is doing now is not helping. 16 potential points not enough.

Lions should have had 17 more at least. Missed field goal, Calvin process rule and Bell fumble. None of that is on Stafford. Stafford did have one crucial pick though. That's 24 and a tie game. Stafford didn't get much help in this one and it showed.

And Stafford can't be a game manager with how crappy our run game has been. We are a passing team and will have to take our shots and hope Calvin can bring it down, Tate steps back up like game 1 and the first quarter and Bell fixes his fumbles. And get a new kicker.

What the hell happened to Reggie Bush? He should be this team featured guy. He did okay in the NYG game, but he did not get near the amount of looks as he should have against Carolina.

Bell played more snaps than Bush after fumbling on a drive that shouldve put up some points. There is something wrong with bush imo.

Bell played more snaps than Bush after fumbling on a drive that shouldve put up some points. There is something wrong with bush imo.

theres something wrong with our coaches imo. if they thought we were going to pound the ball against Carolina with a RT we just got off the street...they are the dumbest group of mutha fuckas ive ever seen coach an NFL team. They needed to give bush more carries for explosive plays. Not keep feeding the ball to bell to drop passes and fumble the ball away.

Last edited:
theres something wrong with our coaches imo. if they thought we were going to pound the ball against Carolina with a RT we just got off the street...they are the dumbest group of mutha fuckas ive ever seen coach an NFL team. They needed to give bush more carries for explosive plays. Not keep feeding the ball to bell to drop passes and fumble the ball away.

No explosive play with no holes. At least Bell can break tackles which is what you need with no holes.

Bush was on the injury report this week too. That may have more to do with it. If it's just Bush getitng the Saints treatment, then it's dumb. Bush has proven he can run between the tackles.

Caldwell said in the presser Bush needs more looks in the open field.

No explosive play with no holes. At least Bell can break tackles which is what you need with no holes.

Bush was on the injury report this week too. That may have more to do with it. If it's just Bush getitng the Saints treatment, then it's dumb. Bush has proven he can run between the tackles.

Bell isnt breaking tackles this year, looks very soft out there. Demoting his might motivate him...again. I think he's lost his drive, just my opinion.

Last edited:
Lions should have had 17 more at least. Missed field goal, Calvin process rule and Bell fumble. None of that is on Stafford. Stafford did have one crucial pick though. That's 24 and a tie game. Stafford didn't get much help in this one and it showed.

And Stafford can't be a game manager with how crappy our run game has been. We are a passing team and will have to take our shots and hope Calvin can bring it down, Tate steps back up like game 1 and the first quarter and Bell fixes his fumbles. And get a new kicker.

I didn't say those were on him. I was saying Tony is acting like getting us in position to score 17 points is enough. It isn't.
This was clearly a team loss all the way around. QB didn't play well enough, some position players had crucial mistakes.

I thought defense played well enough. This high paid offense did not.

I didn't say those were on him. I was saying Tony is acting like getting us in position to score 17 points is enough. It isn't.
This was clearly a team loss all the way around. QB didn't play well enough, some position players had crucial mistakes.

I thought defense played well enough. This high paid offense did not.

He got us in position for 24 points really. That would be enough. And teams usually only score 14-16 points against Carolina. Even tougher in Carolina.

The defense was solid but gave up 15 points in the second half on two long drives. That's not good enough either.

Last edited:
Bell is a very nice 2nd RB. He's not an elite starter. If Bush is 100 percent, him and Bush should be splitting the carries down the middle.

He got us in position for 24 points really. That would be enough. And teams usually only score 14-16 points against Carolina. Even tougher in Carolina.

The defense was solid but gave up 15 points in the second half on two long drives. That's not good enough either.

The team got in position for 17. Short throws to Tate and having him gain an extra 8 or so yards by break tackles isn't because of Stafford. The offense looked good early. Carolina made adjustments we did not.

Carolina is good, this I had as a loss, so I'm not surprised.

The team got in position for 17. Short throws to Tate and having him gain an extra 8 or so yards by break tackles isn't because of Stafford. The offense looked good early. Carolina made adjustments we did not.

Carolina is good, this I had as a loss, so I'm not surprised.

Actual TD, throw to Calvin (TD but ended up missed FG), early missed FG and the Bell fumble. In position for 20-24 points. 4 good drives and then the garbage time drive to Panther territory (that was turnover on downs).

I had this one as a loss too. 10-6 or 11-5 still on the radar. The next 4 are huge for that and all tough games. Week 3 is such a huge game. Must win the division home games.

The final drive made me think Stafford has Bell in his fantasy team in a ppr league.

If Bush is 100%, those numbers should be flipped.

Something's wrong with him.

If bush was injured he shouldn't have been in the game blocking DEs the entire game while Bell was out running routes. It was dumb coaching...

Back