Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Patriots @ Lions *Sunday Night* Thread

grandy

New England Patriots (1-1) @ Detroit Lions (0-2)

Previews
Pride of Detroit
Yahoo
CBS Sports
ESPN
Pats Pulpit

Injury Report
Link (from Friday)

Lions
OT Andrew Donnal (knee) - OUT
CB Darius Slay (concussion) - Questionable
LB Eli Harold (hip) - Questionable
DE Ezekiel Ansah (shoulder) - Questionable
G T.J. Lang (back) - Questionable
WR Marvin Jones Jr. (ankle) - Questionable
TE Michael Roberts (knee) - Questionable

Patriots
TE Jacob Hollister (chest) - OUT
DE Trey Flowers (concussion) - Doubtful
S Patrick Chung (concussion) - Doubtful
T Marcus Cannon (calf) - Questionable
CB Keion Crossen (hamstring) - Questionable
S Nate Ebner (hip) - Questionable
WR Josh Gordon (hamstring) - Questionable
CB Eric Rowe (groin) - Questionable

Series History
Link
The Lions are 4-7 against the Patriots
Last Game: 11/23/2014, Patriots 34 Lions 9
Last Win: 11/23/2000, Lions 34 Patriots 9
Recent Games: The Patriots have won the last 4 meetings

I can't imagine us keeping this game within 14 points. Pats will be pissed they lost badly to the Jags. Since 2010 the Patriots have lost back to back games only 4 times (happened twice in the 2015 season).

Probably no Slay and Brady will have plenty of time to throw. Patricia just isn't ready to beat his master yet. Stafford would need to play a pretty perfect game to have a chance to beat the Patriots. I'm really hoping we don't have another prime time embarrassment Sunday night.

Last edited:
I can't imagine us keeping this game within 14 points. Pats will be pissed they lost badly to the Jags. Since 2010 the Patriots have lost back to back games only 4 times (happened twice in the 2015 season).

Probably no Slay and Brady will have plenty of time to throw. Patricia just isn't ready to beat his master yet. Stafford would need to play a pretty perfect game to have a chance to beat the Patriots. I'm really hoping we don't have another prime time embarrassment Sunday night.

A primetime embarrassment might get Cooter gone. Can't say I'm not for that

I can't imagine us keeping this game within 14 points. Pats will be pissed they lost badly to the Jags.

Lol.....the Lions won?t be pissed they lost to SF??

I agree we?re VERY likely to lose this game.....but the ?they?re pissed? reason is hilarious.

I agree we?re VERY likely to lose this game.....but the ?they?re pissed? reason is hilarious.

Did you see how the Lions reacted to getting plastered by the Jets? We've already seen they still suck, at home, even when they are pissed off. NE, on the other hand, has actually shown some pride and mental toughness over the years.

Lions are listed
I'm pissed
Fans are pissed

But it won't make any difference lions will still lose then we'll get to be even more pissed. Happy happy joy f'n joy!

Give me a team full coaches and players with chips on their shoulders! I wanna see some pissed off results out there! Play angry and mean it GD!

Last edited:
We gotta beat a good team eventually maybe this is it.. 28-24 Lions.

Exactly when will the Lions owners, coaches , and or players ever be pissed enough to win football games.

Martha was pissed enough once to fire a lot of people as soon as they got off the plane, didn't help though franchise still blows, maybe the only remaing thing to try would be for the fords to sell the team. The franchise has been a persistent loser under thier ownership

Last edited:

For the past 15+ years one franchise is used to constantly winning and competing in Super Bowl on the regular. For the past 60 years the other franchise is just used to constantly losing. There is a big difference in how each team reacts to a loss.

Being pissed off doesn't really matter when your best player on defense took too many shots to the head, your back 7 is full of failed draft picks, your $17MM injury-prone pass-rusher is (shockingly) injured again, your QB overthrows open guys, your OC doesn't know how to run the ball, and your head coach is an idiot.

I'm pissed because I'm sure I missed a few more issues with this team.

#Patriots downgrade DL Trey Flowers, DB Patrick Chung and DB Eric Rowe to out for tomorrow?s game. #NEvsDET

The Pats aren't used to getting beat...the Lions are. That's why the Pats will be pissed.

I’m expecting a high scoreing game with both defenses being garbage so I’m starting all of the pats and lions I have on the FFL teams today hogan, Burkhead Tate and prater that’s all I got. Predict lions lose 52-45

I?m expecting a high scoreing game with both defenses being garbage so I?m starting all of the pats and lions I have on the FFL teams today hogan, Burkhead Tate and prater that?s all I got. Predict lions lose 52-45

The O/U is only 51.5

I have some action on the over...which means it will likely go under

I?m expecting a high scoreing game with both defenses being garbage so I?m starting all of the pats and lions I have on the FFL teams today hogan, Burkhead Tate and prater that?s all I got. Predict lions lose 52-45

Did we just trade for Brady to be able to score 45?

Read a fun stat: Detroit leads the league in sack rate.. 14.3. On the flip side when they don't rush opposing QB rating of 137.

Read a fun stat: Detroit leads the league in sack rate.. 14.3. On the flip side when they don't rush opposing QB rating of 137.

All of thier sacks last week were coverage and SF QB not getting rid of the ball related

Back