Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 31 Detroit Tigers vs St. Louis Cardinals 1:10 EST 5/1

It's gonna be Maeda: Starter helps Tigers open month with win.
Tigers official site

Boxscore.

Video Highlight from the Tigers win over the cardinals.

Tigers 4 - Cardinals 1: A strong outing Maeda the Tigers’ day.
The Tigers made off with the series thanks to Matt Vierling and Kenta Maeda.
BYBTB

Matt Vierling comes up big as Tigers top Cardinals, win fourth straight series.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers open May with Matt Vierling blast, 4-1 victory over St. Louis Cardinals.
Freep

Kenta Maeda starts May with a gem as Tigers win 4th straight series.
Mlive

Twins easy comeback. 10 wins in a row. From 7-13 to 17-13. Like you said they are crushing the white Sox !

Just not overly impressed with the offense it’s missing a reliable.300 hitter or two. First inning Lead off double and you can’t score is a recipe for a loss. Although it’s a very young team and the future may be bright.

Can’t believe tork bomb Sunday has a big HR goose eggs after the first month where the hell is the hit coach and tape room reviewer to help get his timing back.
Coach has messed Tork’s head up moving him all over in the lineup. His entire career he has been in the heart of the lineup. The Tiger coach is messing all these young players heads up. Batting them all over the lineup, playing them out of position. Come Tiger management, this is the big league, not the minors. Get a set lineup and go with it. Nobody can hit their way out of a slump sitting on the bench.

PROMISE, PRAISE AND PRAYER.
Totally Tigers

We’re going to combine a couple topics routinely covered here at Totally Tigers because they really are all connected to each other. It’s because all 3 can help explain the success or lack thereof when it comes to some Tigers’ performance.
On Tuesday, we covered the history of Detroit’s first round draft picks and how that honor was no guarantee of success. In fact, potentially not offering those players any advantage at all in their development.
We’re also going to return to the topic of the new player development system that started to be implemented back in 2022 and more fully last year.
Lastly, we’ll add what to expect from the young players when they get promoted and the timeline needed as they adjust to the major league level.
For purposes of this discussion, our conversation is going to center around 3 players – Riley Greene, Wenceel Perez and Spencer Torkelson. Three players with 3 very different development and progression experiences.

The Detroit Tigers have now won 4 straight series in a row. Two against teams with above .500 records and 2 with under (but close to) .500 records. They sit in 2nd place, 2 games back.

3 Detroit Tigers players who need to vastly improve in May or face demotion.
There's a lot to be happy about in 2024 for Tigers fans. But the team needs these three players to get on track soon.
MCBTB

FIVE FOR FRIDAY.
Totally Tigers

For the first time in quite awhile, I’m really enjoying watching some of these Tigers play. I’m seeing energy and fight in these kitty cats.
With it being Friday, I have to submit a list of my top 5 players to watch right now. And for the first time, I have more candidates than slots.

I have to scrap Gio Urshela because he’s been on the IL. As well, Mark Canha and Kerry Carpenter who are 2 of the top 3 hitters on the team. Simply because someone else is really raking to the extent that he’s getting national attention.
Here’s the list of my top 5 faves. It can all change next week but right now, I’m enjoying the moment.

Back