Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 33, Tigers & Yankees, 5/4/2024

If we start McKinstry at 3B we essensially have the worst hitting IF (counting the catchers too) I've ever seen in my life.

And Tyler Nevin is tearing up up with Oakland’s hitting instructors batting
.313 with a .370 obp and 482 slugging .851 ops . 10 runs 26 games 26 hits.
4 homers 2 doubles and 10 rbis. He is still striking out 19/5. K/bb

And Tyler Nevin is tearing up up with Oakland’s hitting instructors batting
.313 with a .370 obp and 482 slugging .851 ops . 10 runs 26 games 26 hits.
4 homers 2 doubles and 10 rbis. He is still striking out 19/5. K/bb
Nevin was trash here. I suspect he'll go back to trash soon enough.

Nevin was trash here. I suspect he'll go back to trash soon enough.
You are probably right but we could sure use those numbers from freaking anyone right now. It would probably be 2-4 more wins with all the close games we have had..

Last edited:
Just an afterthought. We essentially lost the last two games on hits by Rizzo with runners on second and third. Issuing an intentional bb would have loaded the bases for Gleyber Torres, who is really in a slump right now. Given the walk off nature of things last night, it should have been a no brainer, but it probably would have been the smartest move before Rizzo’s home run as well.
Was thinking the same thing.

MONDAY MUSINGS.
Totally Tigers

Today, it’s about quick hits – bits of news that catch my radar during the week as well as connecting the dots re ongoing stories. Even the quirky.
So let’s get to it! Here are the most interesting topics that hit my radar over the past week………..

Back