Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 34, Tigers & Yankees, 5/5/2024

Tigers have had 2 pitchers get career strikeouts recently in games only to lose these games.
Harris has done a laughable job putting together a team that can hit. Our ownership is so darn cheap now.

Boxscore.

Yankees 5 - Tigers 2: Skubal strikes out a dozen, but bats were overmatched in the Bronx.
Tarik Skubal set a new career high in strikeouts, but Juan Soto and the Yankees continued to overpower the Tigers.
BYBTB

Tigers swept by Yankees in rain-shortened finale.
Detnews

Detroit Tigers' Tarik Skubal sets career high with 12 strikeouts in 5-2 loss to Yankees.
Freep

Tarik Skubal strikes out career-high, but Tigers lose rain-suspended game.
Mlive

Skubal 99 pitches 12 SO 44 CSW% 18 whiffs a flamethrowing Beast.

looks another year of going 7 and 25 vs. the AL East.

Injuries & Moves: Urshela nearing rehab assignment.
MLB.com
Welcome back Urshela, Goodbye McKinistry.

Hinch knows who can hit and who can't..and who needs to sit and who doesn't..and most of all who needs to be DEMOTED and who doesn't...
you don't get the game if you don't trust AJ Hinch. He will make a good POBO.

Saturday was Spencer Torkelson’s 300th career MLB game. Here’s how he stacks up against 30 other 1-1 picks through their first 300 games. (*Rutschman is at 299).

The worst thing about all of this is that the entire fanbase wanted and knew we needed bats and it didn’t happen.
13th in home runs while being 24th in slugging tells us that not much is happening outside of a few handfuls of home runs. 31st (out of 31) in batting average confirms that in spades.

Team is hard to watch or listen to on the radio. They can’t hit. They can’t even manufacture runs.. can’t beat the Yankees when they pitched good enough to win two games.
Heck the Yankees manufactured a 2-1 win Friday and just out hit us in all three games. Hell our vaunted Bullpen caved in Friday (yeah I know it’s his first one) and Miller came on today in a 2-2 game and promptly get into trouble and lost.
Again I know bunting isn’t a thing anymore but some of our guys need to try something to break the slump they are on. Meadows comes to mind. Too bad Perez was sick.

I feel the offensive problem isn't just as easy as the hitters sucking. Every damn game I watch these guys try to draw walks. I'm all for working the count and if that leads to a walk great. But once you're in a hitters count BE AGGRESSIVE!! So many times these guys pass on 3-1 meatballs in hopes of getting that walk.

Back