Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 48 Detroit Tigers @ Kansas City Royals, at Kauffman Stadium, May 21, 2024 7:40 p.m. EST

The comparison is a bit apples to oranges. KC spent most of that money on pitching acquisitions, a couple that have worked out quite well. The two hitters in their lineup that they acquired were Frazier and Renfroe, and neither of them are doing anything great. We needed hitters, and there weren't any great acquisitions available that would have signed with the Tigers. Those KC hitters that are hurting the Tigers have been with the club several years.
Whatever it is is better than Detroit has done this year. I read somewhere they worked on everything. Getting runners in from 3rd, defense, pitching, not striking out. They still spent more money to fix the pitching . Harris had hitting holes everywhere and he just rolled with the Tigers hitters. Like when have we really developed any good hitters ?
We are terrible at getting runners in from 3rd with less than 2 outs. We can’t manufacture runs. We strikeout a lot it seems. We do seem to have great starting pitching. Better lock up Fetters before he gets plucked away. I’m just pissed we are 8.5 back now.

Whatever it is is better than Detroit has done this year. I read somewhere they worked on everything. Getting runners in from 3rd, defense, pitching, not striking out. They still spent more money to fix the pitching . Harris had hitting holes everywhere and he just rolled with the Tigers hitters. Like when have we really developed any good hitters ?
I don't think you got my point. There weren't good options out there on the free agent market of hitters. That is what we needed. KC needed pitching; that is a different field of players.

I don't think you got my point. There weren't good options out there on the free agent market of hitters. That is what we needed. KC needed pitching; that is a different field of players.
Oh I get it and I didn’t say add like a bunch of guys. But Gio and Mark Canha just do not move the needle, and sadly they seem to be better than most of Tiger home grown players so far lol.

So we all stayed for this game. We are the true heroes of Detroit baseball.

The comparison is a bit apples to oranges. KC spent most of that money on pitching acquisitions, a couple that have worked out quite well. The two hitters in their lineup that they acquired were Frazier and Renfroe, and neither of them are doing anything great. We needed hitters, and there weren't any great acquisitions available that would have signed with the Tigers. Those KC hitters that are hurting the Tigers have been with the club several years.
could have signed pitchers and traded for hitting.
Mudhens stats
Malloy has a 427 obp.
Jung .387 obp.
Meadows is crushing the ball the last few games.

kind of shows the difference between AAA and the big leagues. Meadows can't hit 0.100 in Detroit but rakes in Toledo vs. shitty pitching.

Oh I get it and I didn’t say add like a bunch of guys. But Gio and Mark Canha just do not move the needle, and sadly they seem to be better than most of Tiger home grown players so far lol.
Can you name some free agents that we could have signed that would move the needle more than Canha and Urshela?

could have signed pitchers and traded for hitting.

kind of shows the difference between AAA and the big leagues. Meadows can't hit 0.100 in Detroit but rakes in Toledo vs. shitty pitching.
We signed pitchers as well. Traded for hitting? Got any viable trades in mind at this point in the season? Some will open up later when the less successful teams start dumping players; unfortunately, we will probably be one of those teams.

Back