Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 7: Saints @ Lions Thread

I have to say, I hope it becomes the new normal to say "Same old Lions".. and it means a win. Stafford has 13 of those drives in his career now, it's starting to feel pretty damned nice.

I have to say, I hope it becomes the new normal to say "Same old Lions".. and it means a win. Stafford has 13 of those drives in his career now, it's starting to feel pretty damned nice.

He has 13 drives after the D sets him up after an INT? Nice.

This game reminded me of how well Brees moves in the pocket. Every time I thought he was going to get hit he just made a little slide step for an extra second or two. The D-line probably gets 2-3 more sacks against most other QBs.

He has 13 drives after the D sets him up after an INT? Nice.

You can't win Mitch. Even after Tate has a monster YAC to turn a 15 yard gain into a game breaking TD and the defense makes a huge turnover to set the offense up in the red zone...it's still "Stafford with another comeback victory!"

Last edited:
Great plays by Stafford. He won this too. This pick was also Thompson too

Love quin

Lions game, channel 10 in Arizona..maybe it's not locally. Though I'm not sure I want to be up at 6am..watching football.

You can't win Mitch. Even after Tate has a monster YAC to turn a 15 yard gain into a game breaking TD and the defense makes a huge turnover to set the offense up in the red zone...it's still "Stafford with another comeback victory!"

Yep. Granted he didn't have a bonehead 2nd half but this was still defense/Tate win.

Wins are a TEAM statistic.

Did Stafford win this alone? Clearly not. Was he as big a factor as anyone on offense? Clearly.

Some of you guys may hate him but 300 yards without Calvin is no slouch.

Last edited:
Wins are a TEAM statistic.

Did Stafford win this alone? Clearly not. Was he as bis a factor as anyone on offense? Clearly.

Some of you guys may hate him buy 300 yards without Calvin is no slouch.

It's not that..people give him too much credit. He played solid 2nd half..But if others are to praise him, over praise him - I'll cut him up a little bit.

I always use the inconsistent word and this is a perfect game..stunk in half one, solid half two.

Last edited:
It's not that..people give him too much credit. He played solid 2nd half..But if others are to praise him, over praise him - I'll cut him up a little bit.

Brother, you worry too much about who to praise and who to rip on..

I'll just enjoy a win and a 5-2 team. It's a lot better than griping about why we lost no matter how you slice it

I always use the inconsistent word and this is a perfect game..stunk in half one, solid half two.

This pretty much sums up how I feel. :cheers:

I'll just enjoy a win and a 5-2 team. It's a lot better than griping about why we lost no matter how you slice it

Don't misunderstand I'm enjoying the win..

Analyzing the pros AND cons of a game doesn't mean we're not enjoying it. My wife "the Packer fan" probably knows Gridiron Heroes by heart now since I've sang it about 20 times since the game ended.

Last edited:

Maybe they'll gain some confidence out of this...still a lot on the o-line for the inconsistencies, but I agree that a lot of makeable throws have been left wanting.

Next Sunday -- already posted in Colorado for a 7:30 a.m. start. National game.

Maybe they'll gain some confidence out of this...still a lot on the o-line for the inconsistencies, but I agree that a lot of makeable throws have been left wanting.

Next Sunday -- already posted in Colorado for a 7:30 a.m. start. National game.

I hope so. Though week by week I'm believing more in the defense..they gave up a couple drives but when the time came they made big plays.

I hope so. Though week by week I'm believing more in the defense..they gave up a couple drives but when the time came they made big plays.

Yeah considering the QB they faced I'm impressed with how they played. We aren't the Seahawks from last year where we can just embarrass top tier QBs but if we can play like that then we have a chance to win against anybody.

What I am saying guys, is we can analyze anything to death.

The top ranked defense in football couldn't seem to stop Colston today, and let the struggling Saints offense post 23 on them.

Stafford couldn't seem to move the chains without some breaks.

Blah blah blah.. We're 5-2 and there are a million ways we could argue how we could be better. We obviously could. The Seahawks won it all last year, and they had places they could have been better.

I'm just gonna bask in having as many wins after 7 weeks as I figured we'd have all season.

Definitely kudos to the D. And just think, next year if there's no Suh, the D will regress. Say it in a cajun accent..."We suck again."

Put me in the "I hope he stays" crowd.

I'm just concerned on how much we rely on YAC. Stafford has to get better in his mid range passing. Nice win, but I think we should be lucky we played against a bad Saints D.

Back