Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 87: Tigers vs Dodgers, July 9th

spockmaster

What Ausmus is questionably calling the Tigers "lineup":
AJax CF
Kinsler 2B
Hunter DH
JDMart RF
Kelly 1B?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FUCK YOU AUSMUS, BURN IN HELL
Castellanos 3B
Avila C
Suarez SS
Davis LF

Scherzer P, who must be thrilled about the lineup.

Dodgers Lineup:
Gordon 2B
Puig RF
Ramirez DH
Gonzalez 1B
Kemp LF
Ethier CF
Uribe 3B
Ellis C
Rojas SS

Greinke P, who is probably actually thrilled about the Tigers lineup. Hes gotta be thinking "perfect game!"

Personally, I think theres no fucking excuse for resting Miggy today and hitting don kelly FIFTH. We just had an off day 2 days ago and the ASB starts in 5 days. WHY THE FUCK DOES MIGGY NEED A DAY OFF RIGHT NOW? ESPECIALLY with VMart still out. Fuck you, Ausmus. This lineup is basically a white flag.

Last edited:
What Ausmus is questionably calling the Tigers "lineup":
AJax CF
Kinsler 2B
Hunter DH
JDMart RF
Kelly 1B?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! FUCK YOU AUSMUS, BURN IN HELL
Castellanos 3B
Avila C
Suarez SS
Davis LF

Scherzer P, who must be thrilled about the lineup.

Dodgers Lineup:
Gordon 2B
Puig RF
Ramirez DH
Gonzalez 1B
Kemp LF
Ethier CF
Uribe 3B
Ellis C
Rojas SS

Greinke P, who is probably actually thrilled about the Tigers lineup. Hes gotta be thinking "perfect game!"

Personally, I think theres no fucking excuse for resting Miggy today and hitting don kelly FIFTH. We just had an off day 2 days ago and the ASB starts in 5 days. WHY THE FUCK DOES MIGGY NEED A DAY OFF RIGHT NOW? ESPECIALLY with VMart still out. Fuck you, Ausmus. This lineup is basically a white flag.

Maybe Miggy tweaked something sliding into third? (when it didn't matter)

Nope, its just a "day off" for him according to Brainless Ausmus.

Doesn't make too much sense to me but no big deal. If he thinks Miggy needs a day off that is fine. Looks like Max is going to have to earn his paycheck today!

The team did just score 14 runs last night, so maybe Brad feels like the guys are in a bit of a groove. I'd rather Miggy rest vs. an NL opponent, that is relatively meaningless compared to the KC series coming up.

I just dont see the need to rest him at all given the situation with the off day 2 days ago and the break coming up next week.

Last week, when Ausmus wanted to give him a rest? Yeah, that would have made more sense. This is just stupid. Of course, "just stupid" is all I've come to expect from Ausmus' game management.

Last edited:
i

I just dont see the need to rest him at all given the situation with the off day 2 days ago and the break coming up next week.

Last week, when Ausmus wanted to give him a rest? Yeah, that would have made more sense. This is just stupid. Of course, "just stupid" is all I've come to expect from Ausmus' game management.

It has to have something to do with that triple last night. Miggy did look like he was favoring his leg a little bit afterwards. I really doubt that it's just an ordinary day off, even if that's what Ausmus said. They are just being overly cautious I would imagine.

It has to have something to do with that triple last night. Miggy did look like he was favoring his leg a little bit afterwards. I really doubt that it's just an ordinary day off, even if that's what Ausmus said. They are just being overly cautious I would imagine.

That is my gut instinct too...but we will never know.

Having said all that....Kelly batting fifth is pretty silly to say the least. Nick has been doing well lately, I would have just slid everyone up one spot except Davis who can still hit 9th. Bat Kelly 8th.

Jackson, Kinsler, Hunter, JD, Nick C, Avila, Saurez, Kelly, Davis.

I watched the replay and didnt really notice it, but it might not show in the replay i guess.

Martinez is injured and Miggy is on the bench. Let's make this the lineup:

1. Jackson CF
2. Romine SS
3. Kelly 1b
4. Hunter RF
5. Davis LF
6. Castellanos 3b
7. Avila C
8. Holaday DH
9. Kinsler 2b

That way when Avila gets injured and Holaday has to catch, the pitcher has to bat in the 7 spot.

Last edited:
He probably should have just drawn the lineup out of a hat today.

It's always nice to get the bitching and whining and negativity started long before the Tigers have yielded a single base hit, or before the first strike out of a Tiger hitter of the day.

A mid week interleague day game against a team that has traveled across the country after shelling them the night before is a decent time to rest guys. I'm not worried.

But then again I usually blame the players and not the manager for how a game is played. So my opinion is probably in the minority.

It's always nice to get the bitching and whining and negativity started long before the Tigers have yielded a single base hit, or before the first strike out of a Tiger hitter of the day.

We have cause and the spineless shills in the Det. Media are blowing so much sunshine up our butts my eyes are glowing.

Back