Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 91: Tigers @ Royals, July 13th

spockmaster

Tigers:
AJax, CF
Kinsler, 2B
Miggy, 1B
JDMart, RF
Hunter, DH
Castellanos, 3B
Avila, C
Suarez, SS
Davis, LF

JV, P

Royals:
Poor Man's Ichiro, RF
Infante, 2B
Hoe-smer, 1B
Country Breakfast, JV Nemesis Extraordinaire, DH
Moose-takas, hitting fifth because LOL Ned Yost, 3B
Methuselah, LF
Escogaybar, SS
Goddamn Vacuum Man (get it because his name is "dyson", lols), CF
Some guy, C

Bruce Motherfucking Chen, P

No Sunday lineup today, but since its Chen we'll either destroy him or he'll spin a 3-hit shutout.

Miggy is having a bit of a slump the last month (for him): .269/.352/.462/.814, only 2 HR (but 12 doubles.) Last home run was June 30th.

All BS aside, do you guys think JD gets an opportunity if Smokes was still managing? With his love for Donnie Kelly, I really think JD would have been the odd man out with Davis/Kelly platooning.

HOLY SHIT JV STRUCK OUT BUTLER

i am SHOCKED. SHOCKED I SAY

He's 4-4 leading off the games in this series. (Jackson)

Don't know if that qualifies as a streak though.

Last edited:
Every time I look at the box score..JD just keeps on getting hits.

J.D. is really a Godsend. We all(well, at least the ones who follow prospects) knew that he had potential to be a good/great hitter. His first 3 seasons in the minors were spectacular. His OPS was near 1.000 each year.. his patience at the plate slowly evaporated and I believe that led to his lack of success in Houston. His patience isn't completely back yet, but he's definitely going to have a much better ratio this year as opposed to the 10/87(ouch!) he had last year.

I know Ajax has started hitting better in the lead off spot lately, but fuck if he doesn't still hit into a pissload of double plays

Back