Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game plan vs GB

kdp1980

I think Austin sticks with the lame and cringe worthy, rush 4, allow short completions bs he's been doing all year. I think we SHOULD rush 5 or more all game long, every play. No chance Rodgers doesn't shred us without constant pressure, zero, none. I do not expect Austin to do this though. I expect the same, pussy play calling that got us torched in Dallas. Coaches need to be called out by the PLAYERS first and foremost to get anything to change. Need a change immediately, all day to throw for Rodgers is handing GB a win in my book.

Last edited:
Need Slay at full strength. Slay follows Nelson all game no matter where he goes. Lawson on Adams with Safety help over the top. Cobb isn't at full strength stick Bademosi on him in the slot and let him play grab ass there where it won't be so obvious. Take your shots with gap blitzes on third and long otherwise rush four and hope someone has an "on" day.

For me the entire game relies on Slay playing.

Need Slay at full strength. Slay follows Nelson all game no matter where he goes. Lawson on Adams with Safety help over the top. Cobb isn't at full strength stick Bademosi on him in the slot and let him play grab ass there where it won't be so obvious. Take your shots with gap blitzes on third and long otherwise rush four and hope someone has an "on" day.

For me the entire game relies on Slay playing.

Can't imagine Slay won't play, make or break game. Everybody plays every snap, including Levy. Nothing to lose, leave everything on the field. IMO, this is our Superbowl.

Last edited:
Lay it out and try and freaking sack Aaron. . Maybe ziggy shows up with 3 sacks !!!

Lay it out and try and freaking sack Aaron. . Maybe ziggy shows up with 3 sacks !!!

Every time they get to Aaron they need to make it count. Not saying to go for knees or head, just make it a jarring hit. I think his psyche goes awry from solid hits. Definitely not the toughest qb in the league, in fact I'd put him towards the bottom as far as toughness goes. The key to winning this game is getting to Rodgers, and making him and the Packers win a dog fight/ugly game. My confidence on winning this game is growing. The Dallas game kicked my ass for a day though, without a doubt.

Last edited:
Looking at the power rankings, the Lions went from 11 to 10. How does that even happen?

I think Austin sticks with the lame and cringe worthy, rush 4, allow short completions bs he's been doing all year. I think we SHOULD rush 5 or more all game long, every play. No chance Rodgers doesn't shred us without constant pressure, zero, none. I do not expect Austin to do this though. I expect the same, pussy play calling that got us torched in Dallas. Coaches need to be called out by the PLAYERS first and foremost to get anything to change. Need a change immediately, all day to throw for Rodgers is handing GB a win in my book.

I know Stafford gets all the love for the 4th quarter 2 minute drills but it's been the defense all season that's kept this sputtering offense in almost every game. Only two terrible games all season (Green Bay/Dallas) for Austin, I'm not about to shit on the guy. The talent on defense is very subpar, even when healthy.

They're not perfect, certainly don't cause enough turnovers, but they more often than not get the job done. I liked that stat they gave on MNF that the defense has only given up two touchdowns all season following turnovers by Stafford and the offense.

They're not perfect, certainly don't cause enough turnovers, but they more often than not get the job done. I liked that stat they gave on MNF that the defense has only given up two touchdowns all season following turnovers by Stafford and the offense.

Didn't they double that number Monday night? Given that Stafford had only 5(2 to the Bears) interceptions through week 12, how impressive is this stat? The Bears offense is putrid. So 4 of Stafford's 8 interceptions(heading into Dalas)have come against the Bears, who don't score much.

Didn't they double that number Monday night? Given that Stafford had only 5(2 to the Bears) interceptions through week 12, how impressive is this stat? The Bears offense is putrid. So 4 of Stafford's 8 interceptions(heading into Dalas)have come against the Bears, who don't score much.

14 turnovers through 15 games have led to 3 touchdowns (2 were vs Dallas). I think that's a great job of minimizing damage.

They also lead the league with the fewest amount of missed tackles.

Last edited:
Score 60. Might be the only gameplan that works.

We can hold them to 20-24. One bad game in last 9 for Detroit defense and that was on the road. Green Bay has a good offense but if Slay returns, we can shut down Nelson. Rodgers falls apart when he doesn't have his boy somehow being super slow and getting wide open. Plus we can shut down their run game too making it tougher for them. GB doesn't have an Elliott.

Lions winning 27-24.

Here?s a solid scouting report on the Detroit Lions from the Green Bay Packers and their staff.
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...eport-defensive-backfield-weak-link/95851866/
Lions scouting report: Defensive backfield a weak link. interesting read.
MilwaukeeSentinelPackersNews

?Hamstring for a corner, that?s rough,? one scout said. ?If I?m the offensive coordinator I?m going to go, ?OK, you got a hamstring? Let?s run three straight 9-routes (takeoffs).? Just watch him then.?

Here?s a solid scouting report on the Detroit Lions from the Green Bay Packers and their staff.
http://www.packersnews.com/story/sp...eport-defensive-backfield-weak-link/95851866/
Lions scouting report: Defensive backfield a weak link. interesting read.
MilwaukeeSentinelPackersNews

?Hamstring for a corner, that?s rough,? one scout said. ?If I?m the offensive coordinator I?m going to go, ?OK, you got a hamstring? Let?s run three straight 9-routes (takeoffs).? Just watch him then.?

i'd say the Lions better find away to get pressure on Rodgers else it may be a long night, hopefully i'll be nice and drunk by the time the game starts.

Ansah, Hyder, Taylor and Ngata can get to him. Smart blitzes at the right time as well if Slay and Lawson are locking down Nelson and Adams which they have done in the past.

The Packers run D has been poor the last 7 games. Zenner and Washington can have a good game. Lions can control the clock and limit possession.

Lions have the talent to bring pressure on Rodgers. 1 pick would be huge. 2 would win the game for Detroit.

Field position will be huge and love Martin and the coverage for that.

Home crowd. Lots of pre-snap penalties for the Packers incoming

Lions are winning this game

The Packers run D has been poor the last 7 games. Zenner and Washington can have a good game. Lions can control the clock and limit possession.

I fully expect for Caldwell to find a hot hand in the running game and his 2nd half adjustment will be to bench that guy. You know, like the Dallas game.

Rooting hard for our boys but if they win it will be in spite our shit coaching staff (excluding Austin, I think he's doing great with what shit he has to work with).

Last edited:

Lions have the talent to bring pressure on Rodgers. 1 pick would be huge. 2 would win the game for Detroit.

Field position will be huge and love Martin and the coverage for that.

Home crowd. Lots of pre-snap penalties for the Packers incoming

Lions are winning this game

So your plan for us to win the division for the first time since Matt Stafford was 5 years old.....is to highlight our shitty run game. Ya....you may as well put this post in the "is the season over" thread.

So your plan for us to win the division for the first time since Matt Stafford was 5 years old.....is to highlight our shitty run game. Ya....you may as well put this post in the "is the season over" thread.

I never said highlight. I am convinced you can't read

Back