Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

GB vs SEA

1. i've already supplied the evidence of "simultaneous". you can choose to deny it all you want; however, keep in mind the REGULAR refs in the replay booth concluded there was insufficient evidence to overturn the ruling of simultaneous.

2. you do realize that by your description you either invalidate every 1 handed catch ever made or you support tate having possession, right? how many "ridiculous" 1 handed catches have we seen over the years? you cannot possibly try to say there is zero chance he could catch that ball one handed when we've witnessed guys make one handed grabs in far more unlikely situations whether the ball is thrown behind, above, too far below, or too far away...yet the receiver somehow makes a stab with only one hand and catches it.

3. there is no reason to not compare it to a one-handed catch regardless of your orders to stop making that comparison. what evidence have you presented to warrant your claims? none! show me that it wasn't simultaneous. show me that it is impossible to catch a football one handed. show me in the rules where it says anything about simultaneous catches only apply if you have both hands on the ball.

you have not provided an ounce of evidence that the call should have been reversed. there is nothing in the rule book to substantiate your claims that it should be. that isn't to say the rule should not be changed, i can understand that argument; however, in accordance to how the rules are written at this time there is nothing to point to that says it was not a catch. i've seen guys make catches with only their legs, use other players, even use the body of the ref/ump to make a catch. the only things a player cannot use to aid in catching the ball is the ground or something that is out-of-bounds. the fact that tate had one hand or even a fingenail on one side and used both of jennings hands as the aid to make the catch is immaterial as there is nothing in the rules that says he cannot use another player in the field of play to aid in making the catch, whether he has 100% or 0.000000001% of the ball is immaterial as there is nothing in the rules mandating a minimum of possession that must be met. the fact is he managed to maintain possession all the way through and as you pointed out this was despite jennings doing everything possible to wrestle it away which means he had a pretty good amount of possession as the process of the catch was completed.

no matter how upset you are over this, the fact is there is nothing you have presented to indicate the catch was not simultaneous nor is there anything in the rules that invalidate the catch. the refs actually made the right call, it is a shame the media witch hunt took control of this particular play when there are so many blatantly obvious calls the replacement refs got wrong that deserved this level of criticism instead.

The evidence is right in front of you. I don't need to show anybody anything. It was the wrong call and i'm sticking to it. People make mistakes and this was a huge one. No way in the world Tate caught that ball the same time Jennings did...not a fn chance. These refs obviously did, but IT WAS THE WRONG CALL.

Oh, and i'm not upset over this. I don't hate the replacement refs. I just think it was a terrible call. And by terrible, i mean so terrible that the regular refs are back to work immediately after the call. Call it a witchhunt or whatever. The fact is, it was so bad something needed to be done about it. IT GOT DONE.

And if you think if a football is thrown my way and i catch it with BOTH hands, you somehow get your ONE hand on it at the same time, we fall to the ground...you're going to call simulatneous catch? Only a fn moron would think that. Oh wait, it just happened on Monday Night Football. Makes me want to throw a party now considering a group of misfit referees can't decifer between who has the football after one guy CLEARLY has 2 hands on it and is in posession of it. As long as the other guy has a hand on it...that's all good. He owns it too because they both TOUCHED it..lol. That's the thing. I'm not denying that the ball got there at the same time and they both touched it at the same time, but posession was clearly in the favor of Jennings. A fn child could see that.

We'll just agree to disagree on this subject because nobody is budging...lol.

Last edited:
I think you don't realize those are two different things, zyx.

1. One hand catch by WR..

2. One hand catch by WR when defensive player has two hands around the ball..

They're different.

Last edited:
agreed - agree to disagree, reg refs are back and new week of games has started

that does not invalidate the fact tate had possession. the rules do not mandate a percentage of possession that must be met in order to be considered a catch. jennings was unable to wrestle the ball away on the ground, so it is quite evident tate had possession enough to prevent jennings - who even had the benefit of leverage - from being able to rip the ball away from tate.

again, your hatred for the replacement refs does not invalidate the TD.

I've never once said I hate the replacement refs..I actually defend the guys by saying this was the NFL's fault and they're doing as good as they can and are just in over their head...you odn't know what you're talking about.

Stafford had a bad game...

People just have different definitions of what bad game means. I'm sure Beez and I, as an example, saw the same throws and same type of game. He calls it bad game, I call it an off game. Not any different than when I say Cutler blows but others says he's a star.

People just have different definitions of what bad game means. I'm sure Beez and I, as an example, saw the same throws and same type of game. He calls it bad game, I call it an off game. Not any different than when I say Cutler blows but others says he's a star.

That was just a joke, I just threw that in to be funny at the end.

I know. I just like arguing with you. For my account, Mitch 4.5, Beez .5.

I just have to. Sorry about beating a dead horse but i just came across this on my FF site..lol.

GB - Mike McCarthy reaches out to replacement ref

Source: ESPN.com

NFL replacement official Wayne Elliott, at the heart of the most controversial moment of the lockout, said Green Bay Packers head coach Mike McCarthy has reached out to him. Elliott awarded Seattle Seahawks WR Golden Tate a game-winning touchdown Sept. 24 on a Hail Mary pass that appeared to have been intercepted by Packers FS M.D. Jennings. 'He called me at my house last week because he had heard I was having a rough week with all the calls and everything,' Elliott said. 'Wanted (me) to know that he thought what I did - controversial and maybe he didn't agree with it - (but he thought) I handled it with class.' Elliott said he would probably change his ruling now. 'I'd probably call interception. I learned a rule by screwing up the rule,' Elliott said.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ OUR VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

Solid move by McCarthy here.

Last edited:
Boom...the man who made the clal says it was the wrong call. End of discussion, it was an int. Pete Carol knows it, Russel Wilson knew it and now even the ref says it.

Boom...the man who made the clal says it was the wrong call. End of discussion, it was an int. Pete Carol knows it, Russel Wilson knew it and now even the ref says it.

Incorrect. The man who made the call says it was the right call and stands by his decision. The head official of that crew is the one who said he would have called it a pick.

Incorrect. The man who made the call says it was the right call and stands by his decision. The head official of that crew is the one who said he would have called it a pick.

boom the head honcho said it was a bad call and the guy who made it is in denial..boom.

Back