Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Georgia Senate Runoff Poll Average

Gulo Blue

I was looking for polls, but I realized that even if 538 put something out, they don't have the historic poll data required to look for trends and biases. They have put something out now, but even they point out, it's just an average of polls and it includes all the factors that make raw polls miss the mark.

So take this with a gain of salt as it stands today, but if there are any swings going forward, maybe that would be interesting.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/georgia-senate-polls/

I know this is for control of the senate and all, but the Democrats they lined up to run in this thing are basically Republicans for all political purposes, (at least Ossoff is), and I am having a hard time caring about the outcome.

I know this is for control of the senate and all, but the Democrats they lined up to run in this thing are basically Republicans for all political purposes, (at least Ossoff is), and I am having a hard time caring about the outcome.

You don't think there's a difference relative to climate policy?

Louisiana gives Texas a run for its money when it comes to giving oil & petro-chemical companies a green light to simply dump and pump whatever they want, wherever they want, with no consequences whatsoever.

Biden should not have picked someone from there if he wanted to distinguish his administration from a GOP one on Climate Change, and certainly not a Louisiana politico who was the top recipient in congress on oil money. Right?

*slides THIS LINK across the table toward gulo*

who has a decade long history of collecting thousands of dollars from oil and gas industry donors—will “serve as a liaison with the business community and climate change activists.” The congressman has received the fifth highest total donations from fossil fuel donors among House Democrats and also has received one of the lowest ratings for any Democrat in Congress from the League of Conservation Voters.
The 5th highest total is "thousands of dollars"? That's even less than Joe Biden had in 2009.

You don't have a seat at the table for me? Maybe you'd like to talk to my friend George Washington...

Last edited:
The 5th highest total is "thousands of dollars"? That's even less than Joe Biden had in 2009.

You don't have a seat at the table for me? Maybe you'd like to talk to my friend George Washington...

:hmm:

I slid the thing to you AT the table. did I fuck the metaphor up? forgive me... it's my first day of unemployment (start new job in a week or so) and I'm a little... drinky .

:hmm:

I slid the thing to you AT the table. did I fuck the metaphor up? forgive me... it's my first day of unemployment (start new job in a week or so) and I'm a little... drinky .
Oh crap, I didn't realize I was already at the table. Give me my $1 bribe back.

It's funny how much better of a candidate that guy is than Purdue. He's been raking Purdue over the coals and it's been a pleasure to watch.

It's funny how much better of a candidate that guy is than Purdue. He's been raking Purdue over the coals and it's been a pleasure to watch.

Purdue is a university not a candidate. the candidate is Perdue, like the chicken company.

dang, you totally owned him.

you misunderstand the purpose of my post, like you misunderstand most things, like basic economics, racial issues in America, climate science, biology, the law, etc, etc. There was no intention to offend, simply a lighthearted correction of a misspelling.

you misunderstand the purpose of my post, like you misunderstand most things, like basic economics, racial issues in America, climate science, biology, the law, etc, etc. There was no intention to offend, simply a lighthearted correction of a misspelling.
Tone doesn't generally translate. If we took a survey of how angry each other poster sounds, I suspect everybody would think the people that disagree with them sound way more angry than the people they agree with or how angry people would say they feel.

Tone doesn't generally translate. If we took a survey of how angry each other poster sounds, I suspect everybody would think the people that disagree with them sound way more angry than the people they agree with or how angry people would say they feel.

I'm aware, but some things aren't that hard to figure out.

Well, it's good you were there to correct his spelling... I totally thought he meant "Purdue University" and was confused. That's why I didn't respond to him.

Like... how could a public university located in Indiana run for senate in Georgia? :shrug:

Well, it's good you were there to correct his spelling... I totally thought he meant "Purdue University" and was confused. That's why I didn't respond to him.
See? This is a lighthearted correction. All the things he called nit picky or pedantic: not lighthearted. You can tell by who said them.

See? This is a lighthearted correction. All the things he called nit picky or pedantic: not lighthearted. You can tell by who said them.

WRONG (again).

When I typed that I was red with anger, and smashed the keyboard so hard, I broke my laptop... then threw it against the wall, and fell to my knees cursing the day I was born.

WRONG (again).

When I typed that I was red with anger, and smashed the keyboard so hard, I broke my laptop... then threw it against the wall, and fell to my knees cursing the day I was born.

Tone must be like sarcasm. I just don't get it. When I read that, I thought you sounded caffeinated, but hungry.

Back