Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Girls Field Hockey 2021 NCAA Bracket 11/12/21

biggunsbob

#2 Michigan improves to 11-0 with a thrilling 2-1 overtime win over #6 Northwestern and Michigan beat #3 Louisville 2-1 on Sunday.

Schedule
2-1 win #3 Louisville
@ Iowa
@ Indiana
Rutgers
Maryland
@ Psu.

Btt November 4th
Ncaa November 12th.

Last edited:
12-1 Michigan rebounds after tough loss in Iowa and beat Indiana 5-3 on the road. Trailing 2-0 after one the Wolverines out scored the Hosiers 5-1 the next three quarters. Indiana falls to 8-8.

#2 Michigan improves to 13-1 after beating #3 Rutgers 3-0.

Michigan falls to 13-2 and 5-2 losing at home 2-1 to # 8 Maryland.

October 29th
Last game of the regular season

Michigan at Penn state.

Sadly back to back losses before btt .Lost at #8 psu 3-2 on ot today

Michigan trails 1-0 heading to 4th period. Sadly Lost 1-0 Game was at Rutgers I think.
Ncaa awaits both teams.

Last edited:
Last year Michigan lost the national championship game on May 7.

OK I looked it up. The original tournament dates would have been toward the end of November 2020, But because of Covid the championship date was pushed back to spring of 2021. It wasn?t last year, it was last academic year, but in 2021. I guess it?s generally a fall sport but it was moved to Spring because of Covid.

Last year was the first year I ever paid any attention because Michigan got into the championship game.

So anyway Lady wolverines let?s take it all this year, woo hoo! Go Blue!

EDIT: I?ll be darned! We -and by ?we? I mean the University of Michigan and everyone associated with it ? will be hosting the semi finals and finals for the national championship of women?s field hockey this year.

Last edited:
Last year Michigan lost the national championship game on May 7.

OK I looked it up. The original tournament dates would have been toward the end of November 2020, But because of Covid the championship date was pushed back to spring of 2021. It wasn?t last year, it was last academic year, but in 2021. I guess it?s generally a fall sport but it was moved to Spring because of Covid.

Last year was the first year I ever paid any attention because Michigan got into the championship game.

So anyway Lady wolverines let?s take it all this year, woo hoo! Go Blue!

In overtime I think.

Ncaa awaits both teams and both will be a high seed.

Last edited:
Michigan is the #3 seed and will host the first weekend

https://mgoblue.com/news/2021/11/7/...d-no-3-ncaa-seed-first-second-round-host.aspx

15-4 Michigan with the bye plays the winner of the play in game between
Maine 15-6 and Miami Ohio 11-10

Other side
Louisville (16-3) and Harvard (15-1)

Ncaa bracket

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/fieldhockey/d1/2021?utm_campaign=inline-article

Damn.

I?ll be getting into town for the holiday at home the day after the championship game.

Back