Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Goat

Not a sport where they don't make rules or calls to benefit the offense. Football, basketball, hockey, or baseball. Even golf.

This is why I don't accept Tom Brady as the GOAT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyV5eqBx7ws&ab_channel=BeyondTheGameplan

and now this is "roughing the passer"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUsZeSLiuNU&ab_channel=SimplyAS10

Might as well play flag football.

Who knows?

If Brady had fumbled, the ref might not have called it roughing. They might not have wanted to influence the game so much as to ?overturn? a fumble.

Conversely if Montana hadn?t fumbled, they might have called it roughing. With no turn over to overturn there might have been the roughing call.

Since it was a fumble in one of the place and not in the other, it?s not really an apples to apples comparison as I see it.

Who knows?

If Brady had fumbled, the ref might not have called it roughing. They might not have wanted to influence the game so much as to ?overturn? a fumble.

Conversely if Montana hadn?t fumbled, they might have called it roughing. With no turn over to overturn there might have been the roughing call.

Since it was a fumble in one of the place and not in the other, it?s not really an apples to apples comparison as I see it.

But they did influence it. No penalty, TB punts ball goes to other team with chance to win it. Never got that chance, TB ran the clock out.

Last edited:
the greatest system qb of all time just played his 48th playoff game, roughly equal to 2.8 seasons or the average career of an NFL wide receiver.

Back