Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gonzaga

bdtay1971

I have a strange feeling that they are about to become the first ever #1 seed to lose to a #16 seed.

That'd be sweet! Not going to say that I predicted it, but when I saw that match-up, the thought did pass my mind.

Yeah, I wasn't ballsy enough to pick it either but I am just not overly impressed with the zags.

They had a SOS of 96th. I dont think they deserved a 1 seed at all. They would have been lucky to have been 6th in the B10.

I've got them losing to OSU, but I'd be thrilled to see them knocked off earlier. Don't like 'em.

They had a SOS of 96th. I dont think they deserved a 1 seed at all. They would have been lucky to have been 6th in the B10.

Yep, they kept talking about how they went undefeated in their league. I think IU, OSU, MSU, and MIch would have all done that.

I usually pull for them in the tourney but would love to see the 16/1 historical upset. Gonzaga got crushed by Illinois on their home floor. It was early in the season but still says a lot about them, IMO.

Ted Valentine is reffing this game. He might influence the outcome.

Gonzaga starting to assert themselves. Southern needs to drain a couple there's soon or this one is gonna get away from them.

Gonzaga and Southern playing by Australian Football rules.

southern really played that last minute badly. its almost like they had no idea how to play in that situation.

I hope they lose in round 2. Maybe the committee will rethink giving a 1 seed to a team with a SOS of 96. Fuckin weak.

southern really played that last minute badly. its almost like they had no idea how to play in that situation.

Yeah and it seemed they were looking to only shoot the three when there was plenty of time left. Pango was clutch for the Zags.

Back