Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gose says Defensive metrics are a scam

jdeb

I would too, if I was a below average fielder. I get what he is saying but my eyes were pretty frustrated with him last year. He mentioned he plays shallow and that was the thing that drove me crazy about him. Balls hit in the gap, over his head, etc. His arm was not very accurate or good either. He is a 4th or 5th OF at best. When I look at good teams, they are strong up the middle and he and Maybin are the weak link. Tigers have never been able to put out a dynamic defense in that HUGE outfield.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2016/03/04/anthony-gose-says-defensive-metrics-are-a-big-scam/

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I know I play shallow, which gives up doubles instead of singles, but it's the stats that are wrong.

Gose, I think, just doesn't understand baseball all that well.

Back