Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Gotta Feeling Mayhew..

nattyiceman2

I gotta feeling Mayhew is going to make a move draft day to grap Kirkpatrick. Mayhew def. isn't scared to make a deal on draft day (tried to get Peterson last year) and dear god I hope he can see the need for improvement in the secondary... With the resigning of everyone (especially Tulloch) and a good cb addition in the draft, I would be very happy with the off-season, especially what we had to work with.

I gotta feeling Mayhew is going to make a move draft day to grap Kirkpatrick. Mayhew def. isn't scared to make a deal on draft day (tried to get Peterson last year) and dear god I hope he can see the need for improvement in the secondary... With the resigning of everyone (especially Tulloch) and a good cb addition in the draft, I would be very happy with the off-season, especially what we had to work with.

I got a feeling they're happy with what they have at CB and are going OLINE in round 1.

We all look at the CB in 2011 and weren't impressed and yet none were drafted. So I think you're right, I think they're okay with what we have.

I'm also thinking we'll see a OL drafted first this year. Never know though... depends on who is sitting there when we pick. Someone really good may damn well fall into our laps. It happens that way to a team or two every draft.

I got a feeling that we move up to get who ever they want. No sitting around to see what falls to us, you want em go get em.

Last edited:
Mayhew isn't afraid to move up. He tried to a year ago for Patrick Peterson. If he wants a particular player, he's willing to give up the picks to go up the board and get him.

Matt Kalil here we come!

I would rather wait for guys to drop to us. Trading up for RBs the past couple years has not paid off. If there is no one left that you want, trading back is an option.

Mayhew isn't afraid to move up. He tried to a year ago for Patrick Peterson. If he wants a particular player, he's willing to give up the picks to go up the board and get him.

Matt Kalil here we come!

That?s the spirit! Although I don't see them moving that far up. But WTF lets kick the idea around. St Louis has already said they want to keep moving back and if somehow Kalil was still there at 6 it would take a deal like Atlanta did last year which is probably too much.

Atlanta gave up a 1st, 2nd, 4th and the following years 1st and 4th to move up to 6 from 21, to much for LT? But what if it was a 1st, 2nd, 4th, next year's 4th, and Avril?

Ah, that was just sarcasm. No way we move up far enough to get Kalil. But bear in mind, Mayhew was willing to give up quite a handful to move from #13 to #5 last year, so there is no telling what he might be willing to do this year if he feels he's even closer to the promise land, but just needs that one guy.

Oh I know it’s a pipe dream, just throwing it out there to get an idea of what people think of kalil. Realistically we jump into the teens.

I think Kalil could be the next Joe Thomas type player. I'd have no beef with the Lions moving up far enough to land him.

Kalil is gone at #3 to the Vikes.....you wanna move up to get a guy , go get Cordy Glenn...but to move up into the teens you're dealing away your 2nd round pick.

I dont want to move up. I just dont think it really pays off when you jump up that high. I would rather get two guys with starting potential then 1 guy who may or may not end up being worth it.

If Glenn is hanging around i see no problem moving up 3-5 spots to guarantee getting him. Probably wouldn't cost us much either. On the other hand we could trade down to the bottom and snag an extra late 3rd or 4th and take someone like Zach Brown, Osemele, Konz or whoever they feel is most valuable.

Last edited:
I say take BPA at #23. I don't care what position. I'd rather have too much of a good thing then stretch, reach, and trade for that one guy.

I say take BPA at #23. I don't care what position. I'd rather have too much of a good thing then stretch, reach, and trade for that one guy.

So you're okay with a DT? I usually fine with BPA but eventually you have to not draft DT, lol. Also, I don't want a QB.

And to be honest, I wouldn't even say DT except we seem to have 360 of them.

QB , DT , TE , LB , WR , RB and DE are all probably off the table in round 1

Naw, not DE. If a guy like Coples falls, you take him fast and revoke the tag on Avril.

Back