Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Grant Traded for peanuts

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
Detroit has traded Jerami Grant to Portland for 2025 first-round pick via Milwaukee, sources tell ESPN.</p>— Adrian Wojnarowski

I believe they also swapped 2nd round picks as well for this draft up to (#36) from 46

Not sure what people were expecting. He's nothing special. Teams aren't lining up to give lottery picks for a 3rd or 4th option.

I tried telling you guys. A lot of people were saying #7 for Grant. Not even close!

Good deal for my Blazers as long as we can move #7 for another vet / win now player to pair w Dame and Grant.

I tried telling you guys. A lot of people were saying #7 for Grant. Not even close!

Good deal for my Blazers as long as we can move #7 for another vet / win now player to pair w Dame and Grant.

I'm shocked you gave up a 1st. I'm happy they cleared that money and the 1st is a bonus. I'm sure they already have a deal in place with someone and needed to clear that money. My bet is Deandre Ayton which would be a MASSIVE upgrade over Grant.

End of the day Grant wasn't a long term guy here so anything is better than nothing so I'm fine with it. We just have to hit with 5.

They just hoping Milwaukee eventually sucks.

as long as they have Yonis, I doubt they suck. But, if the Pistons can build a roster by the time the 2025 draft is here, any extra first will help build good depth. The key for this trade is not having to take on any overpaid crap players to make the trade work financially.

Get a first and 2 seconds and not have to take on any salary is a good deal if they can sign a guy like Ayton.

They just hoping Milwaukee eventually sucks.

It?s a protected pick?

All the Blazer fans I talk to are thrilled w this deal. Being able to acquire Grant the night before the draft and still have #7 to float around was a step in the right direction. We have a top 8 player in Dame who?s turning 32 this year, we need players to help us win now.

It?s a protected pick?

All the Blazer fans I talk to are thrilled w this deal. Being able to acquire Grant the night before the draft and still have #7 to float around was a step in the right direction. We have a top 8 player in Dame who?s turning 32 this year, we need players to help us win now.

Not so sure Dame is a top 8 player, but Grant is a nice add for Portland.

It?s a protected pick?

Just top 4.

Firstly, congrats to the Blazers on getting their guy. Second, I don't hate this trade. I was hoping for more, but that's all it really was, hope. Once we saw Wood go for a late first, I think we should have seen this coming. Grant is a better player, but Wood was a highly skilled offensive big, on a better contact than Grant.

Something particularly positive is the extra second rounders we got in the deal. Weaver had been throwing them in on a bunch of trades, and we needed to restock. And as dumb as it seems, those picks make smaller trades a lot easier to swing.

I'm not super hopeful that we are going to land a big name free agent (Ayton), but Weaver had done pretty well filling the roster with guys on reasonable contracts. More than that, we can use this space to start taking assets attached to bad contracts. So long as the books are clean when Cade's next contract comes due, we have so many options available.

Last edited:
I'm shocked you gave up a 1st. I'm happy they cleared that money and the 1st is a bonus. I'm sure they already have a deal in place with someone and needed to clear that money. My bet is Deandre Ayton which would be a MASSIVE upgrade over Grant.

You guys can have Ayton. I?m done with him after his performance the last couple playoffs. Guy is soft, won?t finish with authority, gets abused by more physical bigs and seems mentally checked out when the chips are down. Praying the Suns sign and trade him.

You guys can have Ayton. I?m done with him after his performance the last couple playoffs. Guy is soft, won?t finish with authority, gets abused by more physical bigs and seems mentally checked out when the chips are down. Praying the Suns sign and trade him.

I have no idea about the guy. He is being talked about as one of the top free agents this off season. If he sucks I hope he stays with the suns:tup:

I have no idea about the guy. He is being talked about as one of the top free agents this off season. If he sucks I hope he stays with the suns:tup:

I?m a bit bitter still after their season went down in spectacular flames. But in the loss to the Bucks in 2021 and the Mavs in 2022 he really went MIA in many stretches/entire games. He?s a fine third option and starting center but I do not want him back, not as a max player. It doesn?t help he?s seemingly no threat offensively past the elbow.

Don't know where he fits top 8 or not don't really care but he's a great player. Great great.

I agree this team is years away from contention. Please no max deals Yet.

Back